Global Student Program
What is the Lipscomb Academy Global Student Program?
As an intentionally Christian community, connecting students from a variety of backgrounds is at the heart of Lipscomb Academy's mission. Through our Global Student Program, families from across the world have the opportunity to send their children to our campus in Nashville, Tennessee and take part in our rigorous academic programs. Currently, we have more than a dozen Global students in our high school representing six different countries.
What's life like for a Global Student at Lipscomb Academy?
Global Students are encouraged and supported to take full advantage of both academic and extracurricular opportunities. From taking part in clubs and athletic teams to meeting together weekly for chapel, our team will work diligently to ensure that students take full advantage of both our campus and the Nashville community.
What are the admissions' requirements?
Students interested in our Global Student Program must meet all academic requirements for admission to Lipscomb Academy. To be considered, a qualified applicant must provide the following items:
- Application for School - For students who already have host families & housing in place: Please apply online by clicking here. For students applying through an agency - Applications will be submitted to us by your agency. A $75 application fee applies to both types of applications.
- Records from current school - Transcript of grades from most recent completed year, plus 2 previous years. Please make sure that records are translated to English. Please click here to obtain the Transcript Release Request Form. Parents will need to complete and sign the top portion of the form and send to the student's current school.
- English proficiency assessment - In addition to your application, global students are required to submit proof of English proficiency. We accept the following test scores: TOEFL, TOEFL JR and IELTS. The Lipscomb Academy TOEFL code is: 3216. Additional assessments and/or placement testing may be required to determine the extent of language support.
- Admissions Interview - Once we obtain all of the above information, we will schedule an interview via Skype.
- All students applying for the 3rd through 12th grades are required to take the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam). The cost is $110 and can be paid online when registering for the test. To schedule your child to take the test at Lipscomb Academy, contact Jennifer Green at 615-966-6320 for grades 3-4 and Kim Schow at 615-966-6409 for grades 5-12. If you chose to take at another location, the ISEE code for Lipscomb Academy is: 431655.
What is the cost? Click here to view Lipscomb Academy's global tuition and fees. Global families must show the ability to cover tuition by providing proof of financial stability. Acceptable proofs of financial stability include copies of bank statements or other certified bank documents.
Are scholarships or financial assistance available? Unfortunately, due to the extra costs associated with the global program, financial assistance is not available for Global Students.