Graduate Studies in Exercise and Nutrition Science Admissions Requirements
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in either Exercise Science or Nutrition. If a student wants to enter the program from another discipline, then the following prerequisites are required: 6-8 hours in Biology; 6-8 hours in Anatomy and Physiology; 6-8 hours in Chemistry; one Nutrition Course; One Exercise Physiology course (recommended but not required).
- Official Transcripts
- GRE score (Current Score: 145 Verbal and 145 Quantitative minimum/Prior Score: Combined Score of 800 minimum)
- 2.75 Grade Point Average (GPA) on all undergraduate work (higher science GPA is desirable)
- 2 recommendation forms
For more information on the GRE test and dates, click here: www.ets.org/gre
Deadline to Apply
- Deadline to apply for the Summer class each year is April 20.
- Deadline to apply for the Fall class each year is July 20.
- Deadline to apply for the Spring class each year is December 20.
Steps to Apply
Applicants to graduate programs must submit the following:
- Application Form. Each applicant must complete an application form.
- Application Fee. Each application should be accompanied by a $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Standardized exam score. Each applicant must submit their scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). For more information on the GRE, visit http://www.ets.org/gre. A minimum combined score of 288 is required on the current GRE format and 800 on the prior GRE format. Students who have already earned a master’s level degree may apply to the program without submitting a standardized test score.
- References. Two reference forms are required as follows: one from a college or university administrator or professor and one from a professional supervisor/employer, or personal reference.
- Official Transcript(s). Each applicant must submit an official transcript, showing degree conferral when appropriate, from all schools attended.
- Résumé. A résumé detailing the applicant’s work and academic experience is required.
- TOEFL. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required for international students. (See section titled International Students for more information.)
All application items should be submitted to the Graduate Studies in Exercise and Nutrition Science office no later than 30 days before the beginning of the semester or term in which the student plans to enroll. Forms should be mailed to: Graduate Studies in Exercise and Nutrition Science, Lipscomb University, One University Park Drive, Nashville TN 37204-3951.