HOSPITAL EMERGENCY DEPARTMENTS
Nashville has many hospitals which provide excellent care. The ones listed are the closest ones to Lipscomb University. If you are having a life-threatening emergency, call 911. If you need a walk-in clinic, see After Hours Care.
When should I go to the emergency room?
If you are having any of the following: chest pain, shortness of breath or labored breathing, profuse bleeding, broken bone, severe allergic reaction, sudden or progressing abdominal pain, diarrhea or vomiting over 36 hours, sudden vision change, worsening or new headache, severe pain, or high fever (>104 F).
If you click on the word DIRECTIONS after each location, you’ll be taken to Mapquest driving instructions. The page will have a map as well as text directions taking you FROM Lipscomb TO the hospital or click on the name of the hospital and you'll be taken to their own website.
Centennial Medical Center
2300 Patterson Street, Nashville, TN 37203
Emergency Department: 615.342.1500
Distance: approximately 5.5 miles. Approximate travel time: 15 minutes
St. Thomas Midtown (formerly Baptist Hospital)
2000 Church Street, Nashville, TN 37236
Emergency Department: 615.284.8484
Distance: about 5 miles. Approximate travel time: 13 minutes
Information and suggestions regarding Emergency Services at hospitals:
- Have your health insurance card with you, and know what services your insurance provides. The phone number on the back of your card will let you know of preferred facilities and providers.
- If you are transported to a hospital by ambulance, you will be charged. This is not a free service of the community.
- Length of ER visits can vary from a minimum of 2 hours, up to 6 - 8 hours. If there is an optional site, such as a walk-in clinic for non-emergencies, you might want to consider visiting them. This will allow the doctors and nurses to concentrate on the clients who have life-threatening issues. See After Hours Care.
- If you do not have insurance, the visit will not be free. The hospital will bill you for your visit. Emergency room visits are very expensive. There is a hospital that will accept persons without health insurance:
Metro General Hospital at Meharry, 1818 Albion Street, Nashville, TN 37208 Emergency Admitting Department: 615.341.4110. Please check their website for additional information: Map and Directions to Metro General
Crisis Intervention Center Hotline (24 hour)
- (615) 244-7444
- Or text to 741741 and Type TN
Metropolitan Police Adult Sex Abuse Unit
Metropolitan Police Domestic Violence Division
YWCA Domestic Violence Program 24 Hour Hotline