Master of Education with Reading Specialty
Program at a glance
- Earn a master's degree and the Reading Specialist Endorsement in preK-12
- Complete the program in less than two years
- Evening, weekend and online classes
- 26% in-service scholarship for teachers
- Select courses offered at four different locations
Focusing on instructional leadership, collaboration and expertise in the Common Core English and Language Arts Standard, this 36-hour program will prepare licensed teachers to earn a master's degree and an endorsement as a reading specialist in preK-12. You will study a balanced approach to literacy, the diagnosis and remediation of reading disabilities, pedagogical best practices, and the leadership skills essential for mentoring and coaching success.
This program can be completed in less than two years--longer if you choose to take your time--and is designed to fit your busy schedule with classes on weeknights, Saturdays and online. Candidates with a completed master's degree are also eligible to complete an accelerated endorsement-only program.
There are no upcoming events.