Ignite: Get Switched On to Technology is an “unconference” that puts the learner at the heart.
Individuals attending Ignite let their feet do the talking, attending sessions based on their own interests and needs. Sessions are fast-paced and showcase some of the newest classroom-ready technology tools. You’ll learn practical and current technologies taught by local College of Education technology experts as well as current-service K-12 teachers.
Date: October 19, 2019
Time: 8:00 a.m. - Noon
Where: Ezell Center - Lipscomb University (Nashville, TN)
Cost: This is a free professional learning opportunity, brought to you by the Lipscomb University College of Education.
2019 THEME: Finding the sweet spot with social-emotional learning and technology.
Online registration is now open. This is a free professional learning event.
Featured at Ignite:
- Several 30-minute breakout sessions and an idea sharing “smackdown” session
- Door prizes
- Light snacks
- Networking with other educators
- 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Registration
- 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Sessions
Session Titles for 2019 Ignite Unconference:
- Biology, Technology, and Math: Turning Your Students into Busy Bees
- Emotional Regulation and Technology
- Fast, Free, and Easy Ways to Engage EVERY Student in the Classroom
- Helping Children and Teens Cope with Anxiety
- How To Put the "FUN" in Differentiated Social Emotional Learning
- Let's Take a Tour of Google Tour Creator
- Lights! Camera! Action! It's the Westhills Television Network!
- Mindfulness Through Technology in the Classroom
- Reading Your Feelings: Using Books and Tech to Support SEL in the Early Childhood Classroom
- Science Conventions: Giving Every Student Shared Input with Flipgrid
- SEL-ebrate Ten Ways to Infuse Social and Emotional Learning into Your Classroom from a Techy School Counselor
- The Amazing Race with Google Forms and My Maps
- We Make the Perfect "Pear" (Pear Deck)