Ignite: Get Switched On to Technology is an “unconference” that puts the learner at the heart.
Individuals attending this year's Ignite will let their feet do the talking, attending sessions based on their own interests and needs. Sessions are fast-paced and showcase some of the newest classroom-ready technology tools. You’ll learn practical and current technologies taught by local College of Education technology experts as well as current-service PK-12 teachers.
Date: October 30, 2021
Time: 8:30 a.m. - Noon
Where: In-person; Ezell Center building at Lipscomb University; Nashville, TN
Cost: This is a free professional learning opportunity, brought to you by the Ayers Institute for Teacher Learning & Innovation and the Lipscomb University College of Education.
2021 THEME: Come Together: A #TechIgnite Family Reunion!
Online registration is now open. This is a free professional learning event.
Featured at Ignite:
- Several 30-minute breakout sessions and an idea sharing “smackdown” session
- Door prizes
- Networking with other educators
- 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Registration and Light Snacks
- 8:30 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. Opening Session
- 8:45 a.m. – 8:50 a.m. Meet the Presenters
- 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Breakout Sessions
- 11:35 a.m. – Noon "Smackdown" and Closing Session
Session Titles for 2021 Ignite Unconference:
To Be Announced.
Examples from prior conference (2020):
- Teaching on Two Planes...Concurrently...While we Build Them
- HyperDocs: Thriving in an Asynchronous World!
- Inquiry-Based Learning: A Solution for In-Person, Virtual, and Hybrid Classrooms
- Developing an Ecosystem of Support
- Effective Approaches in Designing a Virtual School Counseling Community
- It’s Not Just an Expensive Pencil!!!
- The 5 C’s to Fulfill Students’ Social and Emotional Needs in Online Learning
- PowerPoint for Creation
- Music and MIndfulness
- Using VoiceThread Online
- Microsoft Stream for Blended Learning
- Nearpod: Differentiating and Data Collection all in one
- Building Resilience in the COVID Era