Business with Purpose Awards
Take a leadership role in honoring local companies and individuals who have distinguished themselves through business practices based on integrity and purpose. Help Lipscomb University make our community better by sponsoring the Dean Institute’s 2018 Business with Purpose Awards Luncheon.
Wednesday, November 7, 2018, 11:30 am – 1:15 pm, Music City Center
Lifetime Leadership Awards honoring Cal Turner Jr. and Steve Turner. In a plotline right out of the best suspense novel, the older brother, Cal, fires his younger brother from the family business, Dollar General, and goes on to build it into one of America’s great retailing giants before he also encounters his own career challenges, ultimately becoming a leading philanthropist. Steve regroups from his disappointment, reinvents himself, and becomes one of Nashville’s great visionary real estate developers and also a leading community philanthropist. Theirs is a story of reinvention, redemption and ultimately reconciliation…all challenges each of us face in our own careers. They will inspire you as we honor them for their lifetimes of service to Nashville.
- Recognizing local companies and individuals selected as Business with Purpose Honorees by an independent committee of Nashville business leaders.
- Attracting more than 600 C-level executives, community leaders and future business leaders.
- Featuring Lee Camp and the cast of Tokens, an old time radio show mixing musical entertainment and comedy, a little theology, and a touch of social commentary.
- Luncheon proceeds benefit:
- Student scholarships through Lipscomb University’s Dean Institute for Corporate Governance and Integrity.
- College and university chapters nationwide of the Student Centers for the Public Trust.
- The Dean Institute’s mission of helping companies worldwide to create cultures of integrity and excellence. Ethisphere Magazine selected the Dean Institute as one of the World’s 100 Most Influential in Business Ethics.
- All attendees will receive a complimentary gift copy of Cal Turner’s new book, My Father’s Business, and a surprise gift honoring Steve Turner.
NOMINATIONS TO HONOR A LOCAL COMPANY, INDIVIDUAL, PROFESSIONAL FIRM OR NONPROFIT MAY BE MADE UNTIL OCTOBER 1, 2018. SEND TO AALEXANDER@NASBA.ORG.
For information on tables or tickets, please contact Turney Stevens at email@example.com