American Religions Section
"Major Book Review: Richard T. Hughes, The Myths America Lives By: White Supremacy and the Stories that Give Us Meaning, 2d ed. (University of Illinois Press, 2018)"
Todd M. Brenneman, Faulkner University, Convener
- Raymond C. Carr, Pepperdine University, Reviewer
- Doug Foster, Abilene Christian University, Reviewer
- Angela Sims, St. Paul School of Theology, Reviewer
- Richard T. Hughes, Lipscomb University, Respondent
"Apprenticeship In Art – Two Writers"
David Fleer, Lipscomb University, Convener
- John R. Erickson, Mentor, Author of the Hank the Cowdog series
- Nathan (S.J.) Dahlstrom, Mentee, Author of the Wilder Good series
“Current Trends in Homiletics: Conversations in Theory and Practice”
Tim Sensing, Abilene Christian University Graduate School of Theology, Co-Convener and Mason Lee, Princeton Theological Seminary, Co-Convener
- Ronald Allen, Christian Theological Seminary, “Invitation: Preaching from the Perspective of Process Theology”
- Mason Lee, Princeton Theological Seminary, “Prophets and Sour Grapes: Wrestling with Tradition in Homiletical Theology”
- Amy McLaughin-Sheasby, Boston University School of Theology, “Preaching as Midwifery in the Midst of Radical Suffering”
- Bryan Nash, King Street Church of Christ, Beaufort, SC, Respondent
- Ian Nickerson, Minda Street Church of Christ, Abilene, TX, Respondent
- Jarrod Robinson, Southern Hills Church of Christ, Abilene, TX, Respondent
"Media, Art, and Liturgy: Exploring the Influence of Visual Art and Media Technology on Worship in Stone-Campbell Churches"
Trey Shirley, Abilene Christian University, Convener
- Carisse Berryhill, Abilene Christian University, “Here is Water: Allegory and Acceptance of Baptistery Murals in Mid-20th Century Churches of Christ”
- Shawn Hughes, Lubbock Christian University, “Worship Media in a Changing Environment: An Examination of the Use of Media in the Church of Christ”
- Matt Pinson, Highland Church of Christ, Abilene, TX, “Envisioning a Pathway to Discipleship at Highland Church of Christ”
- Trey Shirley, Abilene Christian University, “Projecting a Vision: A Case Study on the Relationship Between Environmental Projection and Liturgy at Oak Hills Church”
“The Radical Kingdom Vision of Barton Stone, James A. Harding, and David Lipscomb Still Lives Today”
Richard T. Hughes, Lipscomb University, Convener?
- Lee Camp, Lipscomb University
- Leonard Allen, Lipscomb University
- Catherine Meeks, Executive Director, Absalom Jones Center for Racial Healing, Atlanta
- John Mark Hicks, Lipscomb University
- Robin Meyers, Senior Minister, Mayflower United Church of Christ, Oklahoma City
- Raymond Carr, Pepperdine University, Respondent
"Spiritual Formation in Higher Education"
John Boyles, Suzie Macaluso, Amanda Pittman, Abilene Christian University, Conveners
- John Boyles, Suzie Macaluso, Amanda Pittman, Abilene Christian University, “Results from a Two Year Study of the Spiritual Lives of First Year College Students”
- Eric Wilson, Pepperdine University, “Research Results on Spiritual Formation and Social Action Among Pepperdine Students”
- Gary Selby, Emmanuel Seminary at Milligan College
- Heather Gorman, Johnson University, Responden