Post Office Information
Students who wish to have their mail forwarded to their off-campus location while they are away should go to their mylipscomb account to manage their personal address information and to submit forwarding address information. We can only forward mail to students who have submitted a forwarding address.
Forwarding information is usually submitted each year at the end of spring semester by students who wish to receive mail at an alternate location during the summer, or those who are either graduating or not returning to Lipscomb for the next semester. By submitting their forwarding address, they can receive their mail and parcels with minimal delay. (Students who do not submit a forwarding address for their mail or parcels will have their items returned to sender.) We do, however, encourage students to contact their shippers to make the needed adjustment in their delivery address especially when they order items which might normally come to campus.
- Change your address information in your mylipscomb. For safety and security of your shipped items, no telephone or in person address changes are by at the University Post Office. This information must be submitted online.
- Only a change of address submitted via mylipscomb may have their mail/parcels forwarded. If no address is submitted, the mail/parcels will be returned to sender, therefore we encourage changing your address as soon as possible. There is no charge for forwarding your USPS shipped items.
- Logistics companies such as UPS, FedEx or Amazon will not automatically reroute your parcels to your address. You must change your delivery information with your favorite company from which you order.
Faculty & Staff
Faculty and Staff will continue to receive university related mail and parcels at the University Post Office. Our office plans to be open Monday - Friday from 8 am to 4 pm for mail and parcel pick up in addition to shipping parcels and mail. (Our last daily mail departure from campus is at 2:15 pm Monday - Friday. There is no Saturday or weekend mail delivery or pick up.)
If any essential personnel wishes to come to our office located on the lower level of the Bennett Campus Center to get their departmental mail, they are welcome to do so Monday - Friday between 8am and 4pm. To that end, we will not be making delivery to any offices on campus which could to help minimize the potential of cross-contamination. (At this point, the USPS has not issued any particular concern about contamination of Covid-19 through the mail. However, should that change, we will act as per their requirements.)
This information is our current intention, however, should circumstances change as we have seen on a number of fronts, we will adapt where necessary. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
- Will continue to receive university related mail and parcels at the University Post Office. We will not be forwarding individual persons' university mail or parcels to their home.
- May continue sending mail and parcels from the University Post Office during office hours Monday - Friday from 8am - 4pm. We ship USPS only, but any completed pre-paid UPS or FedEx labels are acceptable for holding for these logistics companies.
- Essential personnel are welcome to come by the University Post Office located on the lower level of the Bennett Campus Center to claim mail Monday - Friday between 8 am and 4pm.
- We will not be making delivery to any offices on campus which could to help minimize the potential of cross-contamination. (At this point, the USPS has not issued any particular concern about contamination of Covid-19 through the mail. However, should that change, we will act as per their requirements. Additionally, our office staff is operating at 20% capacity.
Thank you for understanding while we are being proactive for everyone's safety. --Ronnie