The health and safety of the Lipscomb community is our top priority.
Below is information about the university's response to the COVID-19 pandemic. As the university has transitioned to its Return to Campus Plan, this page is not updated frequently and contains information from the spring and summer 2020. Please visit the Return to Campus webpage for current updates and information. Last updated: Sept. 11, 2020.
University officials are actively monitoring the outbreak of COVID-19, a newly-identified virus that is causing an outbreak of respiratory illness, similar to pneumonia. Information will be updated on this page and communicated to the university community (students, parents and employees should keep an eye on their email over the next few weeks!) as available and practicable, so please check back often! Also please find additional information and resources at the links on the right-hand navigation directory.
Subject to change, please check back often.
- Classes began on-campus on August 24.
Important Upcoming Dates
We are excited to welcome students back in the fall! The fall calendar is the same as originally published with fall classes beginning August 24 and the last day of finals on December 16. We anticipate and are committed to providing a full semester of academic coursework so you can continue your academic career path. Here are some specific dates and other information about the fall semester that may be helpful.
- Fall Holidays and Breaks. Holidays and breaks within the fall semester such as Labor Day and Fall Break have been removed from the academic schedule. This allows us to create a class schedule that has more flexibility should that be needed in the event of a second COVID-19 wave in our region.
- Thanksgiving Break Closure Dates. The residence halls will be closed for the Thanksgiving break from Saturday, November 21 - Saturday, November 28. All residential students must vacate the dorms for these dates. Any exceptions must be approved in advance by the dean of housing and residence life.
- Remote After Thanksgiving. For undergraduate courses, the fall semester will continue with on-campus classes until Thanksgiving break and the last week of classes and finals will be delivered in a remote format. In an effort to be mindful of both additional travel expenses and individual student health concerns, residential students will have the option of staying home after Thanksgiving break and completing their coursework and finals remotely or returning to campus to complete the semester remotely. Room and board fees will not be adjusted if students choose to remain home following the Thanksgiving break. The delivery format for graduate courses following Thanksgiving will be determined on a course-by-course basis by the department and following local guidelines in place at the time.
- Fall Graduation. We will monitor the regional guidelines to determine the format of the December graduation. At this time, we are planning for an in-person graduation program on December 19.