Prepare for Meet the Firm!
"Who Should Attend?"
- Any undergraduate Accounting major who has taken Intermediate I (or will be taking it in Fall 2017)
- Any CAP or MAcc students seeking a full-time position in accounting upon completion of their program
Key Due Dates:
Immediately: Initial Resume and Photograph
August 21-25: Attend a Mandatory Meet the Firm Prep Session (Register HERE)
|Monday, 8/28 - 4:30 to 5:30 PM, Swang 238|
August 23: Register for Event HERE
September 1: Upload Approved Resume into Bison JobTrax for on-campus recruiting
- MyLipscomb > Resources > Career Development > Bison JobTrax
- If first log-in: Complete your Profile and upload resume in Step 3
- If returning user: Click on "My Profile" on the right, select "Resumes," and the upload link is in the far right column
- Create one-page resume using resources on this site.
- Submit one-page resume for initial review to Suzanne Sager at email@example.com.
- Please send in MS Word format and include your first and last name in the file name.
- You will receive editing suggestions by email to begin the process of refining your resume.
- If you desire, you may schedule an appointment or phone conversation to discuss ideas for resume improvement.
- Upload approved and finalized resume to Bison JobTrax Profile by September 1 for on-campus recruiting.
- Have a headshot photo taken of yourself in professional, business attire.
- Jacket and tie for men; jacket and blouse for women.
- Use a solid, neutral background.
- You may take the photograph on a smart phone (send by email and choose "actual size") or have it taken professionally.
- If you are in Nashville and able to come to campus, you may be able to schedule a session with Kristi Jones in Lipscomb's marketing department. Please contact her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email photograph to email@example.com.
REQUIRED ATTIRE & GENERAL TIPS
- Men's Professional Dress
- Dark Dress Suit in black, navy or gray
- White or light blue starched dress shirt
- Conservative tie
- Polished dress shoes and dress socks
- Women's Professional Dress
- Dress Suit – pants or skirt
- Pressed blouse in a light color
- Polished, closed toe matching dress pumps
- Limit jewelry – stud earrings recommended
- Avoid dark or bright nail polish – short nails recommended
- What to Bring to the Event
- Copies of approved resume
- Portfolio – to hold your resumes and a pad of paper for notes
- List of Participating Firms - will be shared with students prior to the event
- General Tips
- Leave phones, purses, change, large keychains in the car or at home
- Backpacks may be checked at the registration table
- No gum
LIST OF REGISTERED FIRMS (as of 8/26/17)
|Blankenship CPA Group, PLLC|
|Carr, Riggs & Ingram LLC|
|CPA Consulting Group PLLC|
|Faulkner Mackie & Cochran|
|Frasier, Dean & Howard, PLLC|
|HCA Corporate Tax|
|HCA Internal Audit|
|Institute of Internal Auditors|
|Jackson National Life Distributors|
|National HealthCare Corp|
|Parallon Business Solution|
|Ronald Blue & Co CPAs and Consultants|
|Stone, Rudolph & Henry|
|TN Dept of Audit|
|TN Society of CPAs|
|Tractor Supply Company|
|Warner Music Group|