Applicants with bachelor’s degrees in disciplines other than business and accounting will need to complete the following prerequisite courses before enrolling in the MAcc program.
- Principles of Accounting I & II
- Federal Income Taxation (individual)
- Principles of Auditing
If you have not taken one or more of these classes in either an undergraduate program or another graduate program, you have several options for completing them:
- Take the appropriate undergraduate courses at Lipscomb OR any other 4-year accredited institution. Lipscomb offers an adult degree program in the evenings for working professionals.
- Enroll in the Summer Accounting Boot Camp which will satisfy all prerequisites needed for admission to the MAcc.
- The Certificate of Accountancy (CAP) program offers students the opportunity to complete accounting core classes in 12 to 18 months in the evening.
- Personal Statement
- Official Transcripts
You can start an application and upload parts along the way, everything does not need to be submitted at once.
Transcripts can be sent to:
1 University Park Drive
Swang 240 - Graduate Business Office
Nashville, TN 37204