For admission consideration, please submit an online application which includes the following:
- Undergraduate GPA - An official transcript from each university attended
- GMAT-MBA and MAcc programs
- Two references
- Personal statement - The personal statement is 1-2 pages on why you desire a graduate business degree from Lipscomb
MBA - Master of Business Administration
Applicants from all academic disciplines and professions are welcome to apply to the MBA program. Full-time professional work experience is not required for admittance into our MBA programs, but is strongly recommended. GMAT scores are required, although applicants with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 AND 10 years of progressive work experience may request a waiver.
Students with bachelor’s business degrees from an accredited university will have met all prerequisites. Students with bachelor’s degrees in disciplines other than business may start the MBA program but will need to complete BU 6103 Introduction to Quantitative Business Analysis prior to beginning the program.
Students choosing to participate in the global travel portion should apply for a passport prior to beginning the program.
MAcc - Master of Accountancy
Applicants from all academic disciplines and professions are welcome to apply to the MAcc program. Professional work experience is not required. GMAT scores are required, although applicants with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 AND 10 years of progressive work experience may request a waiver.
Applicants with bachelor’s degrees in disciplines other than business and accounting will need to complete the following prerequisite courses before enrolling in the MAcc program.
- Principles of Accounting I & II
- Intermediate Accounting I & II
- Federal Income Taxation (individual)
- Principles of Auditing
If you have not taken one or more of these classes in either an undergraduate program or another graduate program, you have several options for completing them:
- Take the appropriate undergraduate courses at Lipscomb OR any other 4-year accredited institution. Lipscomb offers an adult degree program in the evenings for working professionals.
- The Certificate of Accountancy (CAP) program offers students the opportunity to complete accounting core classes in 12 to 18 months in the evening.
MM - Master of Management
Students are welcome to apply to the MM Career Accelerator program from all academic disciplines, although the program is designed to meet the needs of students with non-business undergraduate degrees. There are no prerequisites to begin the program, and work experience is not required. The GMAT is not required, but a written assignment will be completed during the interview process that factors into the admission decision.
Students are welcome to the apply to the Master of Management in Leadership & Organizational Development and Master of Management Nonprofit programs from all academic disciplines. There are no prerequisites for the program, and work experience is not required. The GMAT is not required, but a written assignment will be completed during the interview process that factors into the admission decision.
The Graduate Management Admission Test or GMAT measures mathematical, verbal and analytical writing skills. More than 1,900 schools use the GMAT to help in assessing the qualifications of graduate applicants.
- Go to mba.com or call 1-800-717-GMAT to find the closest testing center and schedule your exam. The cost for the exam is $250.
- At the GMAT test site—mba.com—you will find official GMAT guides, free test preparation software, test taking strategies and sample writing topics.
- Study guides are available at local and online bookstores. The following study prep resources are available (these resources are subject to change; Lipscomb does not endorse these programs, but offers them as a reference):
Kaplan GMAT Review
The Princeton Review
Virtual Online GMAT Prep