Mr. Forrest A. Doddington
Content Technology Specialist
Office location: Ayers House
Telephone: 615.966.5052 (ext. 5052)
Fax number: 615.966.1035
Title: Content Technology Specialist
Start Date at Lipscomb: January 2014
- B.A. Radio/Television Communication; College of Arts & Sciences at Harding University, department of Communication
- Online Instructional Development Graduate Certificate; College of Education at Florida State University, department of Instructional Systems and Learning Technologies
- M.S. Interactive and New Communication Technology; College of Communication at Florida State University
Area of Expertise:
- Website design and programming
- Electronic media production and broadcasting
- Graphic design for print and electronic media
- Systems administration
- User support and training
Primary Research Interest:
- Website aesthetics and usability
- Content management and learning management systems
Grant and Contract Involvement:
- Governor's Online Innovation Fund Grant for the creation of Teacher Preparation Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCS)
- Tennessee Department of Education / U.S. Math & Science Partnership (MSP) Grant for the creation of a resource-sharing portal for online distribution of math & science instructional and professional learning materials.
- Tennessee Department of Education / SCORE Grant for the migration of instructional and professional learning materials to a modern resource-sharing portal for online distribution throughout Tennessee and beyond.
Publications & Presentations:
- "Professional Learning at your Fingertips." Presented Presented at the LEAD Conference (Tennessee Department of Education), October 2017, Nashville, Tennessee.
- "Building a Professional Community of Knowledge." Presented at the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE) 69th Annual Meeting, March 2017, Tampa, Florida.
- "Programming in Plain English: An Introduction to LiveCode Community Edition." Presented at the MTETA Instructional Technology Academy, March 2017, Nashville, Tennessee.
- "Professional Learning with Podcasts." Presented at the MTETA Instructional Technology Academy, March 2017, Nashville, Tennessee.
- "Showcase and Share through eduTOOLBOX." Presented at the MTETA Instructional Technology Academy, March 2017, Nashville, Tennessee.
- "Maximizing Online Tools for Professional Growth." Presented at the LEAD Conference (Tennessee Department of Education), October 2016, Nashville, Tennessee.
- "Programming in Plain English -- An Intro to LiveCode." Presented at the iSummit Conference, June 2015, Atlanta, Georgia.
- "Assessing the Impact of Website Domain on End-user Evaluations of Web Page Aesthetics Using an Immediate Aesthetic Perception Technique." Presented at the Association for Education in Journalism & Mass Communication (AEJMC) conference, July 2009, Boston, Massachusetts.
- "Evaluating Internet Content Relevance through Active User Participation in Social Networks." Presented at the National Communication Association (NCA) conference, November 2007, Chicago, Illinois.
- Instructor, Department of Communication & Literature; School of Arts & Humanities at Freed-Hardeman University. Courses focus on mass communication (TV/Radio, Internet/Multimedia, Speech).
- Executive Producer & Station Manager for FHn television.
- Owner, sole-proprietorship. Web design/programming; graphic/video production.
- Technical Communicator, Lead Subject Matter Expert (SME) for CMMS, and Business Area Systems Administrator within the Facilities division of Publix Super Markets, Inc.