Strengthening Teachers and Leaders
The Fortify conference is a unique opportunity for collaboration among PK-12 and higher education professionals in Tennessee and beyond. This annual event combines expertise, experience, and knowledge from both arenas of education; strengthening the practices of both. At Fortify, we seek to build bridges between PK-12 and higher education in order to benefit both entities.
2019 Conference: "What if..."
Register and make plans to attend Fortify 2019!
Join us for a modern, fast-paced conference featuring micro-sessions and impactful participant conversation. Presenters will share in a narrative format and conference participants will have time to discuss the big ideas they hear. Each narrative presented will highlight a passion topic. Take advantage of this rare opportunity for collaboration among PK-12 and Higher Education professionals.
Fortify 2019 is presented by the Ayers Institute for Teacher Learning & Innovation and sponsored by Edsouth.
The Fortify 2019 conference is pending TASL Approved for 6 hours of professional learning credit. Please help us spread the word about this education conference.
Online registration for the 2019 Fortify Conference is now open!
Make Plans to Attend!
Topics relevant to current-service, pre-service, and higher education teachers and leaders.
When: Thursday, October 3, 2019 - 8:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
Where: Lipscomb University's Spark Idea Center; Downtown Nashville, Tennessee
Schedule: See sample from 2018, below on this page.
Cost: $89.00 per person
Theme: "What if..."
What if everything about teaching, learning and the field of education were as it could be? Let's ask bold questions, discuss powerful ideas and dream big. Let's work together to transform ideas into impact!
Take advantage of this rare opportunity for collaboration among PK-12 and Higher Education professionals.
Register online. Space is limited. A light breakfast, lunch and parking are included.
2018 Program and Schedule
Here is a list of featured speakers from Fortify 2018. The lineup for Fortify 2019 will be added to this page.
- Janet Ayers - President of the Ayers Foundation
- Cicely Woodard - 2017-18 Tennessee Teacher of the Year
- Dr. Jarred Amato - High School English Teacher and Project Lit Community Founder
- Jerre Maynor - Director of Student Readiness, Tennessee Department of Education
- Dr. Nicole Arrighi - Associate Professor, Tennessee State University
- Sister Cecilia Anne Wanner - Ph.D. candidate, MTSU
- Patty Thomas - Director of Career and Technical Education, Alcoa City Schools
- Beth Wilson - 5th grade teacher, Red Bank Elementary School
- Dr. Rachael Milligan - Managing Director, Ayers Institute for Teacher Learning and Innovation
The schedule for Fortify 2018 included:
|8:00 a.m.||Registration & light breakfast|
|8:20 a.m.||Morning program: including an opening session, micro-session/discussion periods and an interactive reverse-panel.|
|1:00 p.m.||Afternoon program: including micro-session/discussion periods and a synthesis period.|