PLEASE NOTE: Registration for Homecoming events is done online by clicking the Register - HC Market button above ... unless otherwise specified in event description. Events requiring HC-Market place registration site are noted in the event description. Seminars, workshops, social club events and some receptions may have separate registration processes. Be sure to review the event description for important registration info!
Download a 2018 Homecoming Registration PDF form if you prefer to pay for your Homecoming events with a check. Complete the form and mail it with payment to address listed on the form.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
***Please note: Some events are in the process of being finalized. Schedule may change, so check back for updates!***
Friday, Nov. 9
Lipscomb Honors: An Evening of Story and Song
Country Music Hall of Fame
222 Fifth Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37203
5:30 p.m. Reception
6:30 p.m. Dinner and Program
Cost: $100/person.* Business Attire. Reserve your seat through the HC-Market.
Parking: Music City Center.
Lipscomb Honors is a night celebrating Lipscomb Honors recipients: Jim Allen (’68) of Destin, Florida; Steve Groom (’73) of Brentwood; Dr. Jim Netterville (’76) of Nashville, and MarQo Patton (’12 & ’17) of Nashville. The evening also features award-winning songwriter Mike Reid (“I Can’t Make You Love Me,” “There’s a Stranger in My House”) and other special guests.
The Lipscomb Honors are the highest honor conferred upon alumni and recognize the inspiring ways Lipscomb alumni are making a profound impact in the world. The event will highlight the unique ways alumni contribute to and make a lasting impact on humankind far beyond the borders of Lipscomb’s campus.
* Note: A portion of your Lipscomb Honors seat purchase may be tax-deductible. Gifts to Lipscomb University are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Friday, Nov. 9 – On Campus
11 a.m. to 1:30 pm - Lipscomb Black Alumni Council Meeting. *Location changed to 1891 Club, Bennett Campus Center. Learn more about the historic formation of Lipscomb's first black alumni organization—Lipscomb Black Alumni Council (LBAC). To RSVP or to learn more, contact LBAC@alumni.lipscomb.edu or Garner Goode at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. - Bison Day Homecoming Parade, on-campus route. The favorite campus tradition is back again—with a twist! Students and student organizations will show off "Tame the Tigers" themed floats as they wind their way through the campus and end at Allen Arena.
6:30 p.m. - Women’s Basketball Game vs. Tennessee State University, Allen Arena. Join your fellow fans in Allen Arena to cheer on the Lady Bisons. Cost: No charge to attend, but RSVP is requested through the HC-Market to receive free General Admission game tickets.
Saturday, Nov. 10
- 9 a.m. - Golden Circle Coffee, 1891 Club, Bennett Campus Center. Alumni who graduated from Lipscomb 50+years ago are automatically members of the Golden Circle. This year, the Golden Circle welcomes the Class of 1968 to its group! Contact Laura Tywater at email@example.com or 615-966-5733 with questions. Cost: No charge for Golden Circle alumni (those who graduated from Lipscomb 50+ years ago), but reservations are required through the HC-Market.
- 9:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. – Faith & Recreation Summit, Ezell 363. No charge to attend. Contact Kyle Dickerson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-966-5860 to learn more and RSVP for the event.
- 10 a.m. – Cheerleader Reunion, Hall of Fame Room, Allen Arena. Catch up over coffee and cookies at the Lipscomb University Cheerleading Reunion. Meet the current cheerleaders and coaches. Contact: Sherie Eubanks at email@example.com or 615-966-6080 for info. Cost: No charge. Reservations are required through the HC-Market.
- 10:30 a.m. – 50th Reunion & Golden Circle Campus Walking Tour. Leave from Bennett Campus Center Lobby. A special campus walking tour will be offered this year for the 50th Reunion Class and Golden Circle members. Cost: No charge. Reservations are required through the HC-Market.
- 11 a.m. – College of Computing & Technology Reception & Open House. CCT, Swang. Contact: Laura Borgmann at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 615-966-1194 to RSVP for the event.
- 11 a.m. – Lipscomb Athletics Hall of Fame Reception & Luncheon, Student Activity Center. Reception at 11 a.m., and luncheon starts at 11:30 a.m. This year's honorees include: Brent McNutt (’92) of Lawrenceburg, baseball; Wes Wilkerson ’11 of Lebanon, baseball; Emily Pleasant High (’98) of Nashville, women's basketball; Sarah Marcrom McKamey (’98) of Manchester, women's basketball; Wade Tomlinson (’91) of Salem, Indiana, men's basketball; Marcus Bodie (’90) of Fairview, men's basketball; and Dr. Lynn Griffith (’76) of Brentwood, coach. Cost: $25 per person. Contact Shelby McCreary at email@example.com or 615-966-5855 for info. RSVP option coming soon on HC-Market.
- 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. – Student Group Tailgate, Allen Arena Circle. Contact Laura Sears at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-966-1963 for info.
- 1 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. - Grand Opening of the new John C. Hutcheson Art Gallery. Beaman Library. President Randy Lowry will share remarks before the ribbon-cutting ceremony. Gallery will be open for tours from 1:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Artwork featured in the gallery includes original artwork by legendary Disney animator John Pomeroy as well as artwork from notable Lipscomb alumni. Cost: No charge to attend, but RSVP is requested through the HC-Market.
- 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. – Men's Basketball Alumni Players Reception, Hall of Fame Room. Contact Andy Lane at email@example.com or 615-966-5853 for event info. Cost: No charge to attend, but RSVP is requested through the HC-Market. RSVP option coming soon on HC-Market.
- 3 p.m. – Men’s Bison Basketball vs. Tennessee State University, Allen Arena. Join your fellow fans in Allen Arena to cheer on the Bisons. The evening also features recognition of Miss Lipscomb and the Bachelor of Ugliness, a Kidzone, Greek Night and a special academic reception at halftime in McQuiddy Gym. Cost: No charge to attend, but RSVP is requested through the HC-Market to receive free General Admission game tickets.
- Basketball Game Halftime – Academic Reception, McQuiddy Gym. Stop by for some light refreshments and visit with your former professors. Learn about exciting things happening in today’s classrooms! Cost: No charge to attend, but RSVP is requested through the HC-Market for catering.
- “Class of 1968” 50th Reunion Events— Enjoy reconnecting with your fellow classmates from the Class of 1968. Contact Laura Tywater at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-966-5733 for questions. Cost: Alumni who are 1968 graduates can attend the reception and dinner at no charge; spouse and/or guest are $40 per person. Reservations are required through the HC-Market.
- 5 p.m. Reception, Ezell Center Lobby
- 5:30 p.m. Class Photo, in front of Ezell Center
- 5:45 p.m. Dinner, Paul Rogers Board Room, Ezell Center
- 5:30 p.m. – Black Alumni Reception. Ezell 363. Hosted by the Lipscomb Black Alumni Council. Reconnect with your fellow alumni and learn more about the Lipscomb Black Alumni Council. Contact Garner Goode at email@example.com or 615-966-5990 for info. Cost: No charge to attend, but RSVP is requested through the HC-Market.
- 6 p.m. – Pi Delta 50th Reunion. Student Activity Center; Contact Laura Sears at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-966-1963 for info. Click to RSVP via Eventbrite.
- 7:30 p.m. – Homecoming Musical “Godspell,” Collins Alumni Auditorium. Presented by the Lipscomb Department of Theatre. Prepare ye for Lipscomb University Theatre's production of the timeless tale of friendship, loyalty and love based on the Gospel According to St. Matthew. Godspell was the first major musical theatre offering from three-time Grammy and Academy Award winner, Stephen Schwartz (Wicked, Pippin, Children of Eden), and it took the world by storm. Boasting a score with chart topping songs, a book by a visionary playwright (John-Michael Tebelak), and a feature film, Godspell is a sensation that continues to touch audiences.
Cost: $11/adult (General Admission). Reserve through the HC-Market. Tickets will be located at Will Call for pick-up before the performance.
Sunday, Nov. 11
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. – Alpha Zeta Reunion. Ezell 301. Contact Emmaline Jones, Alpha Zeta vice president and alumni chair, at 615-686-7168 to RSVP.