Part-time English Classes
already living or working in the United States, you can take English classes on a part-time basis through our English for Academic Purposes program. Classes are offered throughout the week and provide students opportunities to refine language skills that support their academic and professional goals. We have courses to meet a variety of needs - from au pairs who want to improve their English conversation to professionals looking to improve a specific language skill.
- day and night classes available
- access to university facilities
- qualified language instructors
- engaging topics
1. Apply here (one-time $50 application fee; part-time application only - not for full-time students)
2. Take an English test online (a link will be sent to you after your application is processed)
3. Choose your course and come to class (instructions on course availability and times will be sent to you via e-mail)
We have a variety of interesting courses to choose from each semester. From TOEFL preparation to academic writing, we offer courses that meet your language needs and personal goals.
Classes are on Lipscomb University’s campus in Green Hills, just minutes from downtown Nashville.
Completion and Certificate
A certificate or letter showing the number of hours of participation and/or CEUs is provided to part-time students upon completion of the course requirements.
Faculty and Instructors
Faculty and instructors are fully qualified in the field of teaching English to speakers of other languages (ESOL), hold advanced degrees and qualifications in TESOL, ELL or ESL, and are skilled in using effective teaching strategies.
Accreditation and Memberships
Once you have been accepted into a class, you can pay your course fee here.