English for Academic Purposes
The English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Program is for students whose first language is not English and who want to improve academic English for university.
University coursework demands a high level of English. This involves developing a strong command of the English language not only for general communication, but for academic conversations, taking notes in class, writing papers, and researching projects. The English for Academic Purposes program provides students an opportunity to learn and improve the academic language necessary in higher education. Learn more about our program, its requirements, and how it will best prepare you for your academic future at Lipscomb University.
The EAP Program
- is designed for undergraduate students
- equips you with academic English skills
- prepares you for the TOEFL
- 20 hours of class per week
- One to four semesters of study
- Qualified TESOL instructors
- Activities around Nashville
- Access to university facilities
- Participation in student life
- Non-credit courses in a non-degree certificate program
- Included in the university’s SACSCOC accreditation
- Approved by SEVP / SEVIS