Summer 2017 Info
- August 4 - all Middle School student email account passwords have been reset to your L number $ password.
- August 4 - all High School student email account passwords have been reset to your L number $ password.
- August 2 - all student network accounts have been reset to your L number $ password.
- This page will be updated when email passwords are reset (hoipefully soon).
- If you are a new student, your email account will be ready when school starts.
To log on to email:
- Go to gmail.com
- Grades 5-10 sign in as firstname.lastname@example.org (use *YOUR* username)
- Grades 11-12 sign in as email@example.com (use *YOUR* username)
- Click on "Sign in"
- Student email accounts are available for 5th through 12th graders.
- New student email accounts will not be created until school starts.
- As new students are enrolled during the school year, their accounts will be created usually within two or three days after enrollment.
- If you are in a Lipscomb University class or a dual-enrolled class, please see the information below.
- Email on Mobile Devices
First Time Users:
- Read the information below to determine your username and password.
- Go to gmail.com
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org (10th-12th grades) or username@lipscombacademy (5th-9th grades)
- Enter your password.
- Click Login.
- Student usernames are usually the first initial, middle initial, last name. If your name is William James Smith, your username would most likely be wjsmith. If there was another wjsmith before you, your username might have a digit after it.
- For students enrolled before the summer of 2015, your username is usually the first 8 letters of your last name followed by your first and middle initials. Sometimes the username will be followed by a digit.
- Usernames contain no spaces and no punctuation. Capitalization does not matter with usernames.
- In some cases, your username may be followed by a digit.
- Please contact Mr. Sanders if you cannot determine your username.
Changing your Password:
- Go to http://passwordreset.lipscomb.edu. You MUST know your L number to do this.
- Follow the prompts and answer the appropriate questions.
- REMEMBER your new password.
Guidelines for appropriate email use:
- Email is a privilege, not a right.
- Your school email account is primarily for school use.
- Keep your password private and do not allow other students to access your account.
- Do not use vulgar and plainly offensive, obscene, or explicit language in any form.
- Do not email inappropriate materials or their sources to other students or adults.
Dual Enrolled Students and Students Taking University Classes
If you are in a dual enrolled class or a university class, you will most likely receive a university email address in addition to your Academy email address. It is your responsibility to check your university email address also. If you change your password for the university, it will also change your Academy email password as well as your wifi password. Seniors, if you enroll at the university during your senior year, that process creates a university email for you.