iNow Purchasing Information
Lipscomb Academy Middle School and High School require families to provide an iPad for their student to use during the school day. Please see the iNow Parent Page for information regarding support, helps, and restrictions for school iPads.
What type of iPad is required?
Minimally - an iPad *Wi-Fi with at least 128 GB of Memory with software updated to the most current version of iOS
(a recently purchased iPad with 32 GB of memory should still be sufficient)
Minimally - an iPad Mini 4 *Wi-Fi with at least 128 GB of Memory with software updated to the most current version of iOS
(a recently purchased iPad Mini with 32 GB of memory should still be sufficient)
Any current model iPad with more memory is acceptable.
High School students only will be allowed to use a MacBook in place of an iPad. Families that choose this option need to be aware that a MacBook battery may not last the entire day. These students will be responsible for power management.
For the 2017-2018 school year, we will make an exception for an iPad to be used with only 32 GB of memory as long as the student does not experience problems with storage. Any future storage problems on a 32 GB iPad will require the purchase of an iPad with 128 GB of memory.
*We do not recommend purchasing a cellular option with your iPad. Students will not be allowed to use cellular connections at school.
What is required in addition to the iPad?
- A case with hard corner protection
- Damage coverage - AppleCare or an equivalent
Where can we buy?
- The Apple Store - Green Hills Mall or Cool Springs Galleria.
- Apple Online
- simply mac
- Other retail or online stores
What costs can we expect?
- As of August 2017, the iPad Mini 4 with 128 GB Wifi is $399. The iPad with 128 GB WiFi is $429.
- AppleCare or other warrany is usually $99.
- Cases will probably start in the $40 range.
- You may be asked to purchase apps. We will make a determined effort to use free apps when available and keep requests for app purchases to a minimum.