Educating yourself to serve others in ministry is an investment that pays dividends back into the communities you will lead. This Master of Arts in Christian Ministry helps you richly interpret and teach Scripture, resource the treasures of Christian theology that have been nurtured over two millennia and develop pastoral practices relevant to the issues faced by communities of faith in the world today.
The MACM is well suited for those new to theological education. Whether you are experienced in ministry or just starting out on the adventure, the curriculum provides a good toolkit for your work and enhances your pastoral presence and leadership. We'll teach you how to apply theological principles and minister to those that need you the most.
Choose the format that's most convenient for you with the option of online studies or in-person classes at our location in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Application with $50 nonrefundable application fee
- Three letters of recommendation: one from a college or university administrator or professor, one from a professional supervisor/employer and one from a church leader or minister
- Official transcripts emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Graduate Admissions (One University Park Dr., Nashville, TN 37204)
- Bachelor's degree
- Undergraduate or graduate GPA of at least 2.75
- Completed health form
- 750-1,000-word essay discussing the applicant's religious heritage, career goals and how Hazelip School of Theology might contribute to the achievement of those pursuits
International students are required to be proficient in written and oral English before enrolling. A score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of approximately 570 on the paper-based test, or 80 on the iBT, or an IELTS exam with an overall band score of 6.5 is the minimum accepted for admittance. For more information, see International Students admissions policy.
Tuition & Aid
At Lipscomb University, we strive to make education affordable. Tuition is currently $540* per credit hour. We also provide various financial aid programs to assist you in affording your tuition.
*Note: The graduate tuition rates may increase annually, effective each summer semester.