Take the opportunity to earn a bachelor's degree that will be a foundation for further studies. Our faculty will support and guide you to choose an area of emphasis along with electives that speak to your individual interests.
Prepare to start a career in multitude of fields. You could even continue into graduate school. After all, your potential with this flexible degree is endless.
Major courses required:
- AR 3513 - Art for Children
- MU 3203 - Music for Children OR TH 3413 - Creative Dramatics
- ED 2313 - Schooling in America
- ED 3343 - Cultural Perspectives in Education
- ED 3363 - Teaching with Text
- ED 3404 - Primary Education
- ED 3476 - Reading and Language Arts
- ED 3533 - Math Methods
- ED 3636 - Clinical Practice I
- EN 3013 - Advanced Composition and Rhetoric
- Foreign language (8 hours of a foreign language)
- HI 2213 - History of the United States I OR HI 2223 - History of the United States II
- HI 3323 - Cultural Geography
- MA 1053 - Survey of Algebra and Statistics
- MA 3053 - Survey of Geometry
21 additional hours of elective courses
A minor must be selected from one of the following areas: art, drama, ethics, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, music, philosophy, Spanish, theology, or education.