The Interdisciplinary Studies in Education Program is offered by Lipscomb’s College of Education which is consistently ranked as one of the most effective educator preparation programs in the state of Tennessee and the nation.
Take the opportunity to earn a bachelor's degree that will be a foundation for further studies. Our faculty will support and guide you to choose an area of emphasis along with electives that speak to your individual interests.
Prepare to start a career in multitude of fields. You could even continue into graduate school. After all, your potential with this flexible degree is endless.
Major courses required:
- AR 3513 - Art for Children
- MU 3203 - Music for Children OR TH 3413 - Creative Dramatics
- ED 2313 - Schooling in America
- ED 3343 - Cultural Perspectives in Education
- ED 3363 - Teaching with Text
- ED 3404 - Primary Education
- ED 3476 - Reading and Language Arts
- ED 3533 - Math Methods
- ED 3636 - Clinical Practice I
- EN 3013 - Advanced Composition and Rhetoric
- Foreign language (8 hours of a foreign language)
- HI 2213 - History of the United States I OR HI 2223 - History of the United States II
- HI 3323 - Cultural Geography
- MA 1053 - Survey of Algebra and Statistics
- MA 3053 - Survey of Geometry
21 additional hours of elective courses
A minor must be selected from one of the following areas: art, drama, ethics, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, music, philosophy, Spanish, theology, or education.