With the influx of growing technologies comes an increase in digital complexities. Develop your skills and discover emerging types of data and content. Understand and apply big data. Be the catalyst to companies’ technological success.
You will receive a holistic study of data science - information structures, big data analysis, data mining and predictive analysis. You will learn best-practice knowledge and current methodologies from practicing professionals. You will research and present solutions to real-world problems. Use your relevant training and become both a leader and a sought-after professional in a variety of industries.
Eligible students should meet one of the following requirements:
- Hold an advanced degree (master’s or doctorate) in a relevant area
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of study, with five years of related work experience
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of study and submit GRE scores with application
If you meet one of the above requirements, you may begin the admissions process. Each applicant must complete the following:
- Application with a $50 nonrefundable fee
- Official transcripts (Must have an undergraduate degree with at least a 3.0 or better for full admission)
- GRE test scores
- Two references: one professional and one academic
- Personal statement: The College of Computing and Technology wants to know (1) your personal and career goals and (2) how the graduate program will contribute to the achievement of your goals via the personal statement form.
- On-campus interview
Tuition & Aid
Tuition and fees for the MSDS program are as follows:
- 30-hour program / $1,263 per credit hour (all classes are 3 hours)
- Course materials and fees included in tuition
- Tuition adjustments occur each May