Shape the future of education and leave a large-scale impact on countless young lives. The Administrative Licensure program will enable you to lead with passion and effectiveness and to manage change that results in the highest educational achievements. You'll develop essential leadership skills, explore legal aspects in education and learn how to reduce conflict and increase collaboration.
Take courses taught by current practitioners at the school, district or state level with a first-hand perspective on school leadership. The coursework in this program will prepare you for administrative endorsement and is grounded in Tennessee Instructional Leadership Standards (TILS) and the Professional Standards for Educational Leaders (PSEL).
- Two completed years of educational experience prior to acceptance.
- Online application
- $50 application fee
- Personal statement
- Explain your goals and your purpose for pursuing a graduate education degree at Lipscomb University in a concise, clear essay (1-2 pages).
- Experience verification
- Summative observation report
- Three letters of recommendation
- Recommender #1 – Administrative supervisor
- Recommender #2 – Academic or professional colleague
- Recommender #3 – Personal reference of integrity an/or faith (non-family member);
The following courses (21 hours) are required for the Tennessee Instructional Leadership License:
- EG 5233 - Leadership Behavior & Practice or
- EG 6233 - Leadership Behavior & Practice EDD
- EG 5333 - Law & Ethics in Leadership or
- EG 6333 - Law & Ethics in Leadership EDD
- EG 5253 - Vision and Change for Leaders or
- EG 6253 - Vision and Change for Leaders EDD
- EG 5483 - Instructional Leadership or
- EG 6483 - Instructional Leadership
- EG 5563 - Crucial Conversations and Political Implications or
- EG 6563 - Crucial Conversations and Political Implications
- ICM 5003 - Survey of Conflict Management
- EG 5583 - ORG4 School Resource Management or
- EG 6583 - ORG4 School Resource Management
- EG 5663 - Specialized Field Project * or
- EG 6903 - Education Specialist Project I
- EG 6913 - Education Specialist Project II
* As a prerequisite to EG 5663/EG 6903, students must show evidence of successful completion of graduate-level course work in educational research or proficiency in educational research.
A passing score on the School Leaders Licensure Assessment (Praxis 6011) for Tennessee Licensure is a requirement for this program.
Note: Under certain circumstances EG 5573 - Human Capital and Operations may be substituted for ICM 5003 - Survey of Conflict Management as the ORG 3 course.
Tuition & Aid
- $953 per credit hour
- 26% in-service scholarship for educators
As you give back to the community, Lipscomb University wants to give back to you. The College of Education offers significant scholarships to current educators and administrators. Those pursuing career as a teacher, you're not left out either! Check out the following information to see if you qualify for scholarships.
All completed applications should be mailed to:
College of Education
One University Park Drive
Nashville, TN 37204