Applying for Aid
We encourage all students to file their FASFA and apply for financial aid. Doing so is the only way to know what aid you are eligible to receive. Applying for aid does not affect your chances of being admitted to Lipscomb since there are two separate application processes.
Charlie Daniels Scholarship for Heroes
The Lipscomb Veteran Services Office grants an average of ten scholarships on a yearly basis in honor of Charlie Daniels. The Charlie Daniels Scholarship for Heroes is a competitive process, thus, scholarships are not guaranteed for longer than one year at a time and remaining second semester award can be withheld if the student fails to meet academic requirements during the first semester of award period. All scholarships are granted following an application and review process.
You may also make a donation to the Charlie Daniels Scholarship for Heroes online. Find us on Facebook.
Qualifications & Requirements
Method of Award
The total amount of scholarship award will be divided in equal amounts and awarded for consecutive fall and spring semesters. No award will be made for summer semesters.
Amount of Award
The maximum amount that can be received in an academic year is $6,000. It is important that all applicants carefully read the direction related to their review and application process.
Tier Structure for Award
- Incoming or current students serving as a member in any branch on Active Duty, Reserve or National Guard status are given priority and considered Tier 1 candidates.
- Incoming or current Veteran students who have served as a member of the Active Duty, Reserve or National Guard components are considered Tier 2 candidates.
- Dependents of Military Members or Veterans meeting the following criteria may also apply and are considered Tier 3 candidates, thus receiving third consideration behind Active Duty, Reserve or National Guard component personnel.
- Applicants who qualify for 100% Post 9/11, Yellow Ribbon or Vocational Rehabilitation are not eligible for the CD Scholarship.
- Applicants must complete all available financial aid submissions to include FAFSA and demonstrate a financial need based on the cost of attendance.
- Applicants must be an undergrad student and first-degree seeking.
- Applicants must meet all academic requirements and maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA.
All applications must include:
- Completed current (returning) student application
- Essay (500 words or less) explaining why you are the best candidate to receive this scholarship. Include your education, career goals and what you have done thus far to reach them while a student at Lipscomb. Don’t forget to mention your tie to the military, so we can determine which tier you belong to.
How to Apply
Scholarship applications must be received no later than the deadline given. Applications can be delivered in-person to the Bennett Campus Center (Suite 140), emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Attn: Charlie Daniels Scholarship
Veteran Services Office
One University Park Drive
Nashville, TN 37204
A three-member committee will review all applications. Notification of award will be announced approximately two weeks after the deadline. Please choose an application below.
Yellow Ribbon Program
In recognition of selfless service since September 11, 2001, Lipscomb University participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program at the highest level. More important, we recognize that military members who began their educations in the service are in possession of a wonderful resource upon which to build the rest of their lives and the lives of their families.
If you qualify for 100 percent of the Post 9/11 GI Bill, Lipscomb University has committed to allocate the necessary funds to allow you to earn an undergraduate degree by participating in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
Note: You are not eligible for Yellow Ribbon if you are Active Duty, or transferee spouse of a service member on Active Duty.
The following table describes Lipscomb's participation in the Yellow Ribbon program.
|Degree||Division||Max School Contribution*|
Computing & Technology
|Graduate||All other Divisions not listed above||Unlimited|
*Per student per year