Military Officer Association of America – Middle Tennessee Scholarship: In recognition of the large number of service members returning from Iraq and Afghanistan, the Middle Tennessee chapter of MOAA provides a $1000 annual grant to Lipscomb to be selected and awarded by the university to a veteran in pursuit of an undergraduate degree. Preference in awarding this grant goes to permanently disabled veterans, wounded or partially disabled veterans, and other veterans demonstrating financial need.
Veterans Affairs Work-Study Program: The VA work-study program allowance is available to individuals pursuing full-time or three-fourth time academic hours under the following programs:
- Post-9/11 GI Bill--(38 U.S.C. Chapter 33) (Veterans and transfer-of-entitlement recipients)
- Montgomery GI Bill--Active Duty (38 U.S.C. Chapter 30)
- REAP Participants
- Montgomery GI Bill--Selected Reserve (10 U.S.C. Chapter 1606)
- Post-Vietnam Era Veterans' Educational Assistance Program (38 U.S.C. Chapter 32)
- Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (38 U.S.C. Chapter 35)
- Eligible dependents under 38 U.S.C. Chapter 35 may use work-study only while training in a State.
- National Call to Service Participants
- Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Program -- (38 U.S.C. Chapter 31)
You may apply at any time; please see additional information and instructions at http://www.gibill.va.gov/resources/education_resources/programs/work_study_program.html.
The Lipscomb Veteran Service Center employs two VA work-studies per year. The Campus VA Certifying Official will advertise openings to all existing and inbound veteran students as they become available.
Charlie Daniels Scholarship for Heroes: In March 2012, Lipscomb University honored singer/song writer Charlie Daniels for his years of service and support of veterans worldwide, and his unwavering commitment to Lipscomb and its veteran students by establishing a scholarship in his name. Beginning in the spring of 2013, Lipscomb will begin awarding ten scholarships up to the maximum amount of $3,000 annually to veteran students who do not qualify for 100% of the Post-9/11 and Yellow Ribbon Enhancement. Additional details and application procedure can be obtained by contacting the Veteran Service Center at 615-966-1117.