- Ph.D., Computer Science, The University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX, 2012
- M.S., Computer Science, The University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX, 2009
- B.S., Computer Science, Oklahoma Christian University, Oklahoma City, OK, 2006
- 2013-Present: Assistant Professor, Lipscomb University, Nashville, TN. Duties: Designing and delivering courses, both online and offline. Assisting with school needs as necessary. Continued academic activity.
- 2006-2012: Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant, The University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX. Duties: Assisted with teaching classes, tutored students during office hours; wrote and published academic papers.
- Summer 2011: Research Intern, Air Force Research Laboratory Information Directorate, Rome, NY. Duties: Wrote and submitted papers for academic publication, developed a cloud auditing system on the Hadoop platform.
- 2002-2009: Head Programmer/Manager, Scarlet Dragon Entertainment, LLC (http://www.sdegames.com). Duties: Developed an online browser-based role-playing game in my spare time. Designed levels, created the game interface, and the bulk of the server-side code. Unpaid position.
- 2004-2005: Lab Tutor, Oklahoma Christian University, Edmond, OK. Duties: Assisted with the labs for the courses Programming I & II, and Introduction to Information Technology. Answered student questions, taught basic concepts. Wrote the lab manual for Programming II. Planned and presided over the Advanced C++ class in preparation for the ACM programming contest under the supervision of Professor DeBoard
- Robert Nix, Murat Kantarcioglu, Sachin Shetty. “Toward a Real-Time Cloud Auditing Computation Paradigm.” CSAW 2013.
- Robert Nix and Murat Kantarcioglu. “Contractual Agreement Design for Enforcing Honesty in Cloud Outsourcing.” GAMESEC '12.
- Mohammad Islam, Robert Nix, and Murat Kantarcioglu. “A Game-Theoretic Approach for Adversarial Pipeline Monitoring using Wireless Sensor Networks.” IEEE IRI 2012.
- Robert Nix, Murat Kantarcioglu and Keesook Han. “Approximate Privacy-Preserving Data Mining on Vertically Partitioned Data.” In proceedings of the 26th annual WG 11.3 Conference on Data and Applications Security and Privacy, 2012.
- Robert Nix and Murat Kantarcioglu. “Incentive Compatible Privacy-Preserving Distributed Classification,” IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, Vol. 9, Issue 4, 2012.
- Robert Nix and Murat Kantarcioglu. “Incentive Compatible Distributed Data Mining,” Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Privacy, Security, Risk and Trust, Minneapolis, MN, 2010 (best paper award)
- Murat Kantarcioglu, Robert Nix, and Jaideep Vaidya. “An Efficient Approximate Protocol for Privacy-Preserving Association Rule Mining,” In Proceedings of
- the 13th Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, Bangkok, Thailand, 2009
Honors, Awards, and Achievements
- Best Paper Award, IEEE Int'l. Conference on Privacy, Security, Risk, and Trust
- (PASSAT 2010) for “Incentive Compatible Distributed Data Mining,” 2010.
- National Merit Scholar, 2002
- Top 10%, William Lowell Putnam Mathematical Competition, 2002-2005
- 1st Place, International Coalition of Christian Colleges Invitational Programming Contest (Hosted by Taylor University) 2005
- 4th Place, 1st Undergraduate Schools, ACM South Central USA Programming Contest, 2005
- 5th Place, 1st Oklahoma State, ACM South Central USA Programming Contest, 2004
- 6th Place, ACM South Central USA Programming Contest, 2003
- 1st Place, Texas State UIL Computer Science Contest, 2000, 2002, 2nd Place 1999