SCI Grad Program Discounts
The School of Computing and Informatics offers several discount initiatives for students participating in the following graduate programs:
- Health Care Informatics
- Information Security
- IT Management
- Software Engineering
Use the navigation links below to view details of each discount program.
Graduate Program Corporate Discount
School of Computing and Informatics (SCI)
The SCI is offering a discount available to all students from the same company where 3 or more employees are enrolled full-time (6 or more hours per semester) within any of the four SCI graduate programs* (Informatics and Analytics, Information Security, IT Management, Software Engineering). Specifically,
- Company with 3 employees enrolled full-time (6 or more hours) during a semester in any of the four SCI Master's Programs: Each employee receives a 15% tuition discount
- Company with 4 employees enrolled full-time (6 or more hours) during a semester in any of the four SCI Master's Programs: Each employee receives a 20% tuition discount
- Company with 5 or more employees enrolled full-time (6 or more hours) during a semester in any of the four SCI Master's Programs: Each employee receives a 25% tuition discount (maximum discount)
*As of May 1, 2014, the MS in Health Care Informatics will officially reside in Lipscomb's College of Pharmacy and as such will utilize a pricing structure as defined by the College of Pharmacy administration. Please contact the MS in Health Care Informatics Program Director, Dr. Beth Breeden, if you have questions about current College of Pharmacy policies.
*Lipscomb’s business office processes tuition discounts at the beginning of each semester. Corporate “participation” will be calculated on January 1 (spring semester), May 1 (summer semester), and August 1 (fall semester) of each year for the subsequent semester. To be eligible for consideration in the corporate tuition discount program, a student must complete the on-line form distributed by the SCI prior to a start of a new semester and be enrolled as a full-time student before the semester cutoff dates specified above. Once a determination is made as to the number of employees present in the programs for the upcoming semester, the corresponding discount will be applied and remain unchanged through the end of the respective semester. The discount will be re-calculated and subject to change at the next semester start date (Jan. 1st, May 1st, and August 1st).
*To be eligible for inclusion in the corporate discount calculation, an individual must be considered a "full-time" student their particular SCI graduate program for the semester in question. Full-time status requires that the individual be enrolled in at least 6 hours of coursework within their specific SCI graduate program.
*The SCI Graduate Program Corporate Discount is not a “stacking” discount, and will not be applied on top of other promotional or discounted tuition rates provided by Lipscomb University.
*The determination of what constitutes a "company" will be at the discretion of the SCI Director of Graduate Programs. For example, contract employees working within an organization will not count towards the overall corporate discount for that particular organization.
*This discount program will expire on 1/1/2015.
Graduate Professional Organization Discount
School of Computing and Informatics
- (ISC)2 - International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium
- ISSA - Information Systems Security Association
- ITSMF - Information Technology Service Management Forum
- PMI - Project Management Institute
- WiTT - Women in Technology of Tennessee
- The student MUST make sure to indicate which professional organization they wish to apply through (so we will know how to route the application). Information for each applicant will be submitted to the indicated professional organization for those applicants who are successfully admitted into the SCI graduate program. The professional organization’s leadership will use their own pre-specified criteria within the applicant pool to identify and award the one scholarship.
*To be considered, applications must be completed and the student accepted for entry in December 2013. Information for all accepted applicants will be turned over to the leadership of the applicant's professional organizations to review all provided applications and make a selection decision based on internally defined criteria.
*Each applicant is eligible for only one scholarship, and may apply through only one of the selected professional organizations.
*The 15% scholarship will not stack on top of existing discounts (inaugural discount or corporate participation discount).
*The 15% scholarship will be applied for the first class of the SCI program of choice in January 2014 and will continue to be applied for consecutive months based on the length of the program of choice (12 months for MITM, ISEC, MSSE, and MSIA; 14 months for HCI).