Becky J. Tallon
- B.S., University of North Carolina - Greensboro (major-Mathematics, minor-Education) - 1968
- M.S., Clemson University, Mathematics, 1970
- M.S.C.S.E., University of Evansville, Computer Science Education, 1988
Academic Awards and Honors
- Summer Technology Grant to develop IT 1000 as an online course
- Eisenhower Grant (2005) Enhancing Mathematics and Science with Technology
- Eisenhower Grant (1996) for teaching statistics with Minitab
- Eisenhower Grant (1994, 1995) for visualizing geometry with geometric sketchpad
- Eisenhower Grant (1993) for using function graphers and symbolic manipulators in science and mathematics (1993)
- Eisenhower Grant (1992) for function graphers and symbolic manipulators
- South Central Bell (Spring Semester, 1991) for using robotics and logo in the classroom
- 1991 - present: Lipscomb University (Nashville, Tennessee)
- 1988 - 1990: Columbia State Community College (Columbia, Tennessee)
- 1979 - 1991: Santa Fe High School (Santa Fe, Tennessee)
- 1970 - 1971: Interlachen High School (Interlachen, Florida)
- Member, SIGSCE (1999-present)
- Member of the Small College Computing Conference (1989-2011)
- Secretary of the Small College Computing Conference (1999-2009)
- Member, NCTM (1989-1988)
- Challenge Procedure Examination Supervisor for CSCI 1041, CSCI 1513, CSCI 2113, IT 2043, IT2053
- Supervisor of the Web Design Internship for the College of Natural and Applied Sciences
- Coordinate the SCI website materials
- Design the web development degree
Current Educational Assignments at Lipscomb University
- IT 2223 - Web Development I
- IT 3223 - Web Development II
- IT 3053 -Web Server Technologies
- IT 4053 - Senior Web Seminar
- Director of the ITP requirement--testing and curriculum
Scientific Conferences and Workshops Attended
- 1989-2002. Small College Computing Conference (locations vary in the Southeaster US)
- SIGSCE—2000-2003, 2006-2007, 2012
- Mid-South Instructional Technology Conference (Murfreesboro, Tennessee, 1996, 2002)
- National Computing Conference (Nashville, Tennessee, 1991)
- National Computing Conference (Orlando, Florida, 1993)
- Tennessee Educational Technology Conference (Nashville, Tennessee, 1992)
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (Nashville, Tennessee, 1992)
- MT Squared (Nashville, Tennessee, 1991-1996)
- Technology Conference in Mathematics (Rosemont, Illinois, 1992)
- MAA Conference (Jefferson City, Tennessee, 1994)
- Tallon, Becky J., Teaching Statistics with Minitab. MT Squared. Nashville, Tennessee, 1995.
- Tallon, Becky J., Visualizing Geometry with Geometric Sketchpad. MT Squared. Nashville, Tennessee, 1993.
- Tallon, Becky J., Using Derive in College Algebra. MT Squared. Nashville, Tennessee, 1993.
- Tallon, Becky J., Derive, an Easy to Learn Computer Algebra System. Proceedings of the Seventh Annual Southeastern Small College Computing Conference. January, 1994.
- Tallon, Becky J., Microapplications for Math and Science Majors. Proceedings of the Eleventh Annual Southeastern Small College Computing Conference. January, 1997.
- Tallon, Becky J., Creating Forms and Using Server-Side Validation. Proceedings of the Eleventh Annual Southeastern Small College Computing Conference. January, 2000.
- Tallon, Becky J., Austelle, Al, Design of Internet Services. Proceedings of the Eleventh Annual Southeastern Small College Computing Conference. January, 2001.