Graduate Admission Requirements
Eligible students should meet one of the following requirements:
- Hold an advanced degree (Master’s or Doctorate) in a relevant area
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of study, with five years of related work experience
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of study and submit GRE scores with application
2. Application Fee: A non-refundable $50 application fee must be submitted online with a credit card or by check before the application is evaluated by the College of Computing and Technology.
3. Official Transcripts: To be admitted as a graduate student, the College of Computing and Technology requires an official transcript from all universities and colleges previously attended. Each applicant must have an undergraduate degree with at least a 3.0 or better for full admission. Please allow 4-6 weeks for transcript delivery.
4. Standardized Test Scores: The official standardized tests for admission into the College of Computing and Technology is the GRE. This requirement can be waived with 5 years of related work experience. The graduate program's director will review your resume to determine whether the GRE can be waived.
5. References: Each applicant is required to submit two references: professional and academic. Click here for Reference Form.
6. Personal Statement: The College of Computing and Technology wants to know (1) your personal and career goals and (2) how the graduate program will contribute to the achievement of your goals. Click here for Personal Statement Form.
7. On-Campus Interview: After all application documents are received and academic requirements are met, the program director will invite you to an on-campus interview.
8. If you are planning on applying for financial aid, please complete the FAFSA at the following link https://fafsa.e
REGISTRATION NOTICE: After admission has been confirmed, graduate students are required to submit additional documentation to begin registering for courses. To view and download these forms please click here.
Please send all materials to:
Graduate Studies in Information Technology
Attn: Laura Borgmann
One University Park Drive
Nashville, TN 37204-3951
To review the status of your application contact:
615.966.1194 (ext. 1194)
Although we offer a paper Graduate Application, we ask prospective students to apply online for processing purposes.