Graduate Admission Requirements
Eligible students should meet one of the following requirements:
- Hold an advanced degree (Master’s or Doctorate) in a relevant area
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of study, with five years of related work experience
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of study and submit GRE scores with application
- Graduate Application Form: We encourage all candidates to complete the online graduate application.
- Application Fee: A non-refundable $50 application fee must be submitted online with a credit card or by check before the application is evaluated by the College of Computing and Technology.
- Official Transcripts: To be admitted as a graduate student, the College of Computing and Technology requires an official transcript from all universities and colleges previously attended. Each applicant must have an undergraduate degree with at least a 3.0 or better for full admission. Please allow 4-6 weeks for transcript delivery.
- Standardized Test Scores: The official standardized tests for admission into the College of Computing and Technology is the GRE. This requirement can be waived with 5 years of related work experience. The graduate program's director will review your resume to determine whether the GRE can be waived.
- References: Each applicant is required to submit two references: professional and academic, using the graduate reference form.
- Personal Statement: The College of Computing and Technology wants to know (1) your personal and career goals and (2) how the graduate program will contribute to the achievement of your goals via the personal statement form.
- On-Campus Interview: After all application documents are received and academic requirements are met, the program director will invite you to an on-campus interview.
- Financial Aid: If you are planning on applying for financial aid, please complete the FAFSA.
Registration Notice: After admission has been confirmed, graduate students are required to submit additional documentation to begin registering for courses.
Please send all materials to:
Graduate Studies in Information Technology
Attn: Laura Borgmann
One University Park Drive
Nashville, TN 37204-3951
To review the status of your application contact:
800.333.4358, x. 1194