To apply, visit Apply Now.
Eligible students should meet one of the following requirements:
- Hold an advanced degree (Master’s or Doctorate) in a relevant area of health care
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of study, with five years of related work experience
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of study and submit GRE scores with application
In addition to the online application, the following items must be submitted before the application folder is complete:
- Application fee. A non-refundable $50 application fee must be submitted online with credit card or by check before the application is evaluated by the admissions committee.
- Coursework or demonstrated competency in medical terminology, statistics and PC literacy (evidenced through work experience as it appears on the resume or coursework as it appears on the transcript).
- Two letters of recommendation. To download and print the forms, click here. The references selected need to be individuals who are able to comment on your academic or professional abilities as well as your interpersonal skills.
- Personal statement of goals and purpose for obtaining the degree. Consider including such information as: 1) how the university can assist your personal and career goals as well as 2) why you are seeking a degree in Health Care Informatics.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended. Please allow up to 4 weeks for transcript delivery.
Admission is based on a combination of many factors, including undergraduate and/or graduate academic record, GRE score(s), professional experience and references. The admissions committee also considers your essay and interview in helping them assess if a Lipscomb graduate degree is the right fit for you.
Please send all materials to: Graduate Studies in Health Care Informatics; Attn: Lara Flora; Lipscomb University; One University Park Drive; Nashville, TN 37204-3951; email@example.com;
Although we offer a paper Graduate Application, we ask prospective students to apply online for processing purposes.