To apply, visit Apply Now.
The InfoSec prerequisites are Database Management Systems (an introduction to databases and design structure), and Network Principles (an introductory course in network design, communication devices, security issues and information/data transfer protocols). Coursework or proof of experience designing or using databases is required.
In addition to the online application, the following items must be submitted:
- Application fee. A non-refundable $50 application fee must be submitted online with a credit card or by check before the application is evaluated by the admissions committee.
- Coursework or demonstrated competency in IT (evidenced through work experience as it appears on resume or coursework as it appears on the transcript.)
- Two letters of recommendation. To download and print the forms, click here. The references selected need to be individuals who are able to comment on your academic or professional abilities as well as your interpersonal skills.
- Personal statement of goals and purpose for obtaining the degree. Consider including such information as: 1) how the university can assist your personal and career goals as well as 2) why you are seeking a degree in information security.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended (minimum GPA average of 2.75 on undergraduate work). Please allow up to 4 weeks for transcript delivery.
Admission is based on a combination of many factors, including undergraduate and/or graduate academic record, GRE score(s), professional experience and references. The admissions committee also considers your essay and interview in helping them assess if a Lipscomb graduate degree is the right fit for you.
Please send all materials to: Graduate Studies in Information Security; Attn: Kate Noonan; Lipscomb University; One University Park Drive; Nashville, TN 37204-3951