Visiting Assistant Professor of Computer Science and Software Engineering
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, expected 2013 University of Memphis, Memphis, TN
- M.S. in Information Technology, 2006 Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh, PA
- B.S. in Computer Science, 2003 Tennessee State University Nashville, TN
Previous Employment and Extracurricular Activities
- Sr. Programmer Analyst July 07-April 09 FedEx Corporate Services – Memphis, TN
- Application Development Lead Jan. 06- July 07 COMDATA Corporation – Brentwood, TN
- Embedded Software Engineer Jan. 05-Feb. 06 Boeing/Future Combat Systems – Huntsville, AL
- Software Engineer April 2004-Dec. 04 Boeing – Huntsville, AL
- Research Asst. / Web Developer Aug. 2001-April 200 COE/ISEM sponsored by NASA – Nashville, TN
- Simmons, L. L., Simmons, C. B., Parks, R., Hayek, M., Mbarika, V. W. “A Cultural Comparison of
Trust in eLearning Artifacts,” Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, 2012.
- Simmons, C., Jones, D., Simmons, L. “A Framework and Demo for Preventing Anti-Computer
Forensics,” Issues in Information Systems, 2011.
- Simmons, L. L., Simmons, C. B., Ammeter, A.P., Ghosh, K. Understanding the benefits of social
exchange in B2B communities, Issues in Information Systems, 2010.
- Simmons, C., Simmons, L. “GAPS IN THE COMPUTER SCIENCE CURRICULUM: AN
EXPLORATORY STUDY OF INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS,” Journal of Computing Sciences in
Colleges, 25(5), 2010.
- Shiva, Sajjan G. and Lee, Sarah B. and Shala, Lubna A. and Simmons, Chris B. “Knowledge
Management in Global Software Development” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Network,
- Smith, W., Burke, G., Thureson, F., Simmons, C. “Online Astronomy Courses at HBCUs”, NASA’s
MUSPIN magazine, 2003.
Honors and Awards
- Dedicated Service Award, Couples Ministry Leader, Brown M.B. Church, March 2010
- Southern Region Educational Board Doctoral Scholar, 2009-current
- University of Memphis Graduate Assistantship, 2009-current