What to Bring to College
While you are in the process of making Lipscomb your home away from home it's important to know what to bring and, more importantly, what not to bring! Remember, you'll be sharing a room with another person who is bringing things as well! Talk to your roommate well before you move in and discuss the items you can share. That way you don't both bring a refrigerator to move-in day!
Here's some items to include
- bedding, linens, comforter, pillows, blankets (beds are Twin XL)
- clothing and shoes appropriate for the weather
- umbrella, rain boots
- iron, ironing board
- laundry bag
- shower caddy, shower shoes
- alarm clock
- power strips
- office/school supplies
- bowls, plates, cups, silverware
- under bed storage crates
- pictures, posters, decorations, lamps
- drapes/curtains- blinds are provided
What you can share with your roommate—you're going to have to live with them anyway.
- carpet (can be purchased on campus during move-in times)
- trash can
Wait, I can't bring everything? Let's leave these items at home.
- lofting furniture with anything other than the loft kits rented through your head resident
- space heater
- toaster ovens/grills
- open coil appliances
And we thought of some conveniences in the residence halls.
- vending areas
- laundry facilities
- house keeping provided in public areas of the residence hall
- cable TV
- study rooms and computer labs
- kitchen access
- supportive resident hall staff (RAs and a head resident)