LIPSCOMB ACADEMY SENIOR MENTORING PROGRAM INFORMATION
WHO WILL MENTOR?
LA Seniors will be paired with a Lipscomb University Sophomore, Junior, or Senior mentor of the same gender for the 2014-2015 school year. After being accepted through a process that includes an online application, an interview, and a criminal background check, these University student mentors will be paired with the LA Senior sin August. The mentors will be resourced for leadership through training, curriculum, and coaching.
The mentoring relationships will focus on holistic development with a main emphasis on spiritual formation in growing in love and devotion to Jesus. The mentoring meetings will be centered on curriculum that includes time in scripture, prayer, and life sharing.
LA Seniors will commit to meet every 2 weeks for about an hour with their mentor during the 2014-2015 school year.
Meetings between University Mentors and LA Seniors must take place before 10pm on Lipscomb’s campus or the across the street at The Well Coffeehouse, Subway, Copper Kettle, or Padrino’s Pops.
TIMELINE - The Process from Now to August
- APPLY - Fill out the application below.
- WE CONTACT YOU - This summer, we will contact you and answer any questions you may have.
- GET INFORMED - Over the course of this summer, you will receive a few emails giving you important information preparing you for the start of your mentoring relationship.
- GET MATCHED - In early August, you will find out the awesome, compatible mentor that The Joshua Project has paired you will based off your application.
- MEET YOUR MENTOR - As the school year starts, you will start meeting with your mentor.