Social Workers Inspire Community Action
(NASW-TN Social Work Day On The Hill, 2010)
Social Workers Inspire Community Action is the 2010 theme for an annual legislative and policy event organized by the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) Tennessee Chapter in coordination with the University Social Work Programs across the State. This event, also referred to as Social Work Day on the Hill, is one of the most exciting and empowering programs offered to Tennessee social workers and social work students. Over 350 students and practitioners from across the state annually attend. The 2010 event is designed to:
- Train social work students and professionals about the importance of advocacy as a cornerstone of our profession
- Demystify the State legislative process
- Feature presentations by students and policy professionals
- Engage social work students and professionals in advocacy on key public policy issues being considered by the Tennessee General Assembly
- Increase the respect of State Legislators for the expertise and professionalism of social workers
- Strengthen legislative support for NASW-TN priority issues
- Provide an enjoyable educational and networking experience
Emily Harrell represented Lipscomb University's Department of Social Work & Sociology with her presentation on English as a Second Language.
Great job, Emily! Click here for more event photos!