The SALT Program:
- Is a comprehensive plan that has academic, personal, and civic outcomes.
- Reflects the university’s commitment to provide undergraduate students with academically appropriate service-learning activities.
- Provides opportunities for student learning through meaningful reflections about the connections between the service setting and particular academic content.
- Encourages undergraduate students to reflect upon their personal and spiritual formation with respect to their Christian walk and with respect to their attitudes toward issues involving the condition of life around them.
- Provides a developmental path for traditional undergraduate students to participate in a transformational journey toward more effective, meaningful service culminating in the opportunity to become a SALT Scholar.