College campuses are notorious for being inaccessible and confusing when it comes to parking. We have to juggle thousands of cars coming and going every day, but we try to simplify it for you. Here’s how:
There are very few parking spots on campus that are not open to you; we do not do permit-only parking. With the exception of spots specifically reserved with temporary or permanent signage, you can park anywhere. Here are some parking options for you:
- There are two parking garages near Allen Arena open to the public. One is attached to the arena, accessible from the Granny White Pike side of the campus. The other parking garage is just south of the arena next to the baseball diamond and near Ezell, accessible from the Belmont Boulevard side of the campus.
- The university leases parking space at the Stokes School building on Belmont just north of the traffic light at Glen Echo.
- During graduations and major events only, the Granny White Church of Christ on Granny White Pike graciously allows our guests to use their large parking lots if they don’t have something already scheduled.
- Parking spaces around Lipscomb Academy are also available to you when the academy is not in session.
- The parking area at the athletic complex at Lealand and Caldwell Lane, about three blocks from campus, is available, however, shuttles are not always provided. When shuttles are running, signage at the edges of campus alerts you to that amenity.
- If you are bringing a guest with a mobility issues, you are welcome to drop them off at any location before you park elsewhere. Be vigilant; pedestrians have absolute right of way anywhere on campus, and you may not leave an automobile running unattended.
If you have any problems, security personnel are located throughout the area, 24/7. Or you can call the security office at 615.966.7600 any time. Campus maps are in kiosks at most campus entry points. If you have an extreme medical or police emergency, call 9-1-1.
You may download Lipscomb’s parking and traffic regulations, below.