- On campus: Call the Lipscomb Security and Safety at extension (615) 966-7600 or extension 7600 from landline on campus, unless situation warrants IMMEDIATE police, fire, and/or emergency medical response then call 911.
- Off campus: call 911
- Give your name, location, and telephone number. Do not hang up until the dispatcher tells you to do so. Advise the dispatcher of the situation and remain where you are until contacted by an officer.
- DO NOT attempt to apprehend, or interfere with, the criminal except for self protection.
- If safe to do so, stop and take time to get a good description of the criminal. Note height, weight, sex, race, approximate age, clothing, method and direction of travel, and his/her name if known. If the criminal is entering a vehicle, note the license plate number, make and model, color, and outstanding characteristics. All of this takes only a few seconds and is of the utmost help to the investigating officers.
- In the event of a civil disturbance, continue inasmuch as possible with your normal routine. If the disturbance is outside, stay away from the doors and windows.
- DO NOT interfere with those persons creating the disturbance or with authorities on the scene.
Protect your property: