How to Submit a Research Proposal to the Lipscomb IRB
The following is a step by step guide on how to submit your completed research proposal and supporting documents electronically as an IRB Packet. Submit through the IRB Google Group. The two steps are:
1. Complete the Research Proposal Form. Here is an example of how it should be saved:
A student named John Doe is advised by Roger Wiemers and is submitting on July 8, 2016. John would create a document with the name IRB-Doe-Wiemers7-8-16.
Save a copy of the Research Proposal Form for your records.
2. Attach this form and any other associated materials to an email. On the Subject line enter the first and last name of both the investigator and the faculty research advisor and the date. Send this email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All advisors of research must hold an NIH certificate of completion, showing that they understand the protection of human subjects in research. A CITI certificate will also be accepted. Certificates for advisors must be included in research proposal submissions.
- When a research proposal is submitted to the IRB email address, the advisor must be included in the submission email string to show that they are aware of the proposal being submitted. If this does not occur, the proposal will not be considered.
- These new specifications add some greater responsibility on the research advisor, but they will resolve some major issues that have arisen over the course of the last year.
- Please pass this information on to research advisors and students.