About the Office of Sponsored Programs
Founded in 2012, the mission Office of Sponsored Programs is to advance scholarly activity for the faculty and students of Lipscomb University.
The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) exists to support a culture of Christian-based intellectual curiosity and scholarly activity on the Lipscomb campus. The OSP encourages and supports scholarship by promoting access to research funding through competitive grants designed to help faculty members launch research projects. The OSP aids and supports both faculty and staff in obtaining external funding through activities such as subscribing to grant databases and providing technical help with grant applications.
An atmosphere of scholarship will foster a culture of intellectual curiosity and creativity and will help attract and retain top-quality faculty and students resulting in the enhancement of the quality of education offered at Lipscomb University. To review the five-year OSP strategic plan please click here.
Goals of the OSP
- Build an infrastructure for supporting a fully functional grants and sponsored projects office including oversight on matching and in-kind contributions, budgets, campus approval processes and other pre-award services and activities.
- Further the goals of the institution through grants, projects, research and programs funded by sources outside of the institution.
- Establish and promote an environment supportive of developing and sustaining faculty interest and involvement in grant proposal preparation, submission, acquisition and management.
- Protect the integrity of the institution through policies, procedures and communication with funding sources.
- Ensure the integrity of the handling of intellectual property, sponsored project funds, compliance with funders’ rules, regulations, and meeting ethical and legal requirements.
- Create a financially stable and prosperous unit which collaborates actively with faculty development, academic affairs resource management office and extended education.