Audit-to-Credit Registration Option
(available ONLY to first-time graduate students by permission of Program Director)
- Students will be allowed to use this registration option during the first semester or first nine hours of graduate coursework, whichever occurs first (9-hour, 1-semester limit).
- Students are required to adhere to all course requirements as stipulated by the course syllabus. Under no circumstances will a teacher provide "makeup" work at the end of the semester beyond what is allowed for "credit " students.
- Students who transfer in graduate coursework or students who are receiving graduate assistantships or other institutionally awarded graduate scholarship money are not eligible for the Audit-to-Credit option.
- The Audit-to-Credit fee will be 60% of the total cost of the course. The remaining 40% balance will be due when the student decides to change the course to credit status. Students will not be allowed to change from another registered status to Audit-to-Credit after the regular add period for a course.
- Students can register for Audit-to-Credit during the term. However, the deadline to convert from Audit-to-Credit is within the first three weeks into the next term.
- Audit-to-Credit students will receive their appropriate grades when they change to the credit option.
- The notification of a change from Audit-to-Credit will need to be initiated by the student to the program director. The program director will then start the process for students to obtain grades. Students who do not change to credit within the alloted time period will receive the typical audit designation for the course on their transcripts. (When a student requests the audit course be changed to a credit course, the balance of the full tuition course cost becomes due, and credit will not be awarded until the balance is paid in full. See agreement below.)
By filling out the following web-form, I am declaring that I have read and understand the policy regarding the Audit-to-Credit option. I understand that once I submit this web-form, an approval request will be sent to my teacher and program director. I also understand that Financial Aid is generally not available for the purpose of auditing a class. I have assumed the responsibility of speaking personally with a Financial Aid Counselor to determine what my options are, if any. If I decide to change from audit status to credit status, I further understand that I must pay in full the amount of the course for credit before my grade will be changed thereby giving me academic credit for the class.