How to register for classes:
(NOTE: Only currently enrolled students or completely admitted new students are eligible to register for classes.)
Go to http://www.lipscomb.edu/ and click the “myLipscomb” link at the top of the page. Login to the secure area using your network username and network password. New users should go to http://passwordreset.lipscomb.edu/ to look up their username and to set their network password. To do this the user must know the Lipscomb ID number and the SSN must be recorded in the student information system.
Step 1. Check your Registration Eligibility.
· Click on the Student Resources tab. Under the Student Links channel to the right, beside Registration, click the drop-down menu and choose "1. Check Registration Eligibility." Select a term. Displayed here are various items which may affect your registration eligibility and also any overrides you may have received from an instructor. Your Holds, Academic Standing, Student Status, Class, and Curriculum may prevent class selection or restrict the courses you will be permitted to select.
If you have all "check marks" on your status, this means that you have no holds and are ready to view the class offerings.
If you have holds which prevent registration, click on “View Holds" to display the holds on your record. Pay close attention to the ones that restrict registration. These holds MUST be resolved before attempting to select classes. Please disregard the Tennessee Hope Scholarship, Veterans and Athletics holds during priority class selection as they are for office use only and will not affect the priority class selection process. Follow the "Click here..." link to find out where to resolve each hold. It is in your best interest to resolve all holds before class selection.
To view the class offerings, use the “Back to Student Resources tab” link in the top left-hand corner of the screen. Under the Student Links channel to the right, beside Quick Links, click the drop-down menu and choose Class Schedule.
- Click on the “Fall/Spring Trial Schedule” link. Print this page to use as a template for your schedules. Search for classes by term and subject on the Class Search page.
- Click on the course title to view any course restrictions (prerequisites, correquisites, etc.) Be sure to note all CRNs on the trial schedule worksheet for courses because you will need these for selecting classes.
- Make an advising appointment with your advisor. He/she will help you plan or review your class schedule.
Meet with your advisor to review your Trial Schedule worksheet. When your advisor approves your schedule, he/she will give you your Class Selection PIN sheet that will contain your Class Selection (Alternate) PIN. You MUST have this PIN to select classes. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU NOT LOSE IT BECAUSE YOU WILL NEED IT THROUGH THE CLASS SELECTION PERIOD (AND DROP/ADD) IF YOU WISH TO MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR SCHEDULE. The PIN Sheet will also contain instructions for selecting classes on the Web. During priority class selection, your PIN sheet will also contain your Web Class Selection opening time (the time when you are allowed to begin class selection which is based on hours earned and classification).
You are ready to select classes once you have done the following:
· resolved all holds (if any)
· arranged a tentative schedule with your advisor
· received your Class Selection PIN sheet from your advisor
Once it is within your time to select classes, follow the Web Class Selection Instructions detailed below or on the PIN sheet you received from your advisor.
Beginning at or after your assigned class selection opening time, go to any computer with Internet access. Go to http://www.lipscomb.edu/ and click on “myLipscomb” at the top of the page. Login to the secure area using your network username and password. Click on the Student Resources tab. Under the Student Links channel to the right, beside Registration, click the drop-down menu and choose "1. Check Registration Eligibility." Select a term. Displayed here are various items which may affect your registration eligibility and also any overrides you may have received from an instructor. Your Holds, Academic Standing, Student Status, Class, and Curriculum may prevent class selection or restrict the courses you will be permitted to select. Select the appropriate term and click "Submit". If you have all check boxes on this page, you are ready to proceed. Click the link that says "proceed to step 2 - Select, Drop or Add Classes." If you have a message with a warning sign that says "You have holds which will prevent registration," click the "View Holds" link to see your holds. Note the Hold Type column on the left to see what your hold is. Click the link "Click here to find..." to determine where to resolve each hold. Once your holds are resolved and it is your assigned registration time, login to this area and click "Select, Drop or Add Classes" under the Student tab and then Registration Tools.
Step 2. Select your classes. Select term. (You may select classes for multiple terms if they are available, but work with only one term at a time. See instructions after Step 4 below to register for different terms.)
Step 3. Display your schedule by Day & Time. Once your schedule is satisfactory, click “3. Display Schedule by Day & Time.” In the top right-hand corner, enter the date classes begin for the term you wish to see. (Ex. 08/20/2012) Print this schedule for your records. Be sure to verify that all of your courses are listed.
Step 4. Pay/Satisfy Financial Obligations. After verifying that your schedule is correct, click “4. Final Step to be officially registered--Pay/Satisfy Financial Obligations.” You might be asked to register your vehicle before you are able to see your bill. The bill page shows your charges, expected payments and balance. You must choose a payment option for each term's registration before classes begin in order to complete your registration process. Your registration status will show "not officially registered" until a payment is made. Choose one of the following payment options:
You can select classes for additional terms if they are available for registration by clicking on the "Return to Menu“ button in the top right-hand corner to getback to the main menu. Choose “Select Term” and select a new term. Repeat steps 2-4 of the Registration Process for each term for which you would like to select classes.
To exit, click the “LOGOUT” button in the top right-hand corner of the screen not the "CLOSE" button of your browser. Once you see “Signing Out,” it is safe to close your browser and log off as normal.
Your schedule is now complete and saved, but your registration status will show "not officially registered" until a payment is made. If you want to make additional changes, you may do so on the web through the last day to add classes for each term. After that time, a drop form must be filled out and turned in to the Registrar’s Office, Crisman 220.
Check http://registrar.lipscomb.edu/ to see the class start dates.
INFORMATION OF IMPORTANCE
See the undergraduate catalog for more details.
A FEW MORE CONSIDERATIONS
· If a course you wish to add requires special approval such as an Internship or Independent Study, seek that approval before class selection. Your class selection will not be hindered if you get the approval ahead of time.
· If you are graduating (completing all degree requirements) in a term, fill out an Intent to Graduate form available on the web on "myLipscomb" under the Student Help tab under My Classes Help. It is also available in the Registrar’s Office, Crisman 220. You may also click here to download the form. This form must be turned in to the Graduation Office by specific deadlines. Check with the Graduation Office for these deadlines. Failure to complete this form by the deadline WILL delay your graduation
In addition to filing the above form, you must also register for a graduation course. This "course", GN 999X, has been created to assist you and the Graduation Office with your graduation process. Select the section which corresponds to the semester in which you plan to finish all requirements.
· If you would like your Privacy Act Status to be different than the previous term, you will need to come to the Registrar’s Office, Crisman 220 to change it. Please bring a photo ID with you.