Whether you are just beginning to play tennis or if you are an experienced player, the LRC Adult Programs will help you improve your tennis game. The LRC offers programs ranging from beginner to advance. Here at the Lipscomb Racquet Club we believe that fitness plays a major role in improving your tennis game as well. We offer several different fitness class options that are geared towards making you a better tennis player. We also offer great league options as well. Join in with the LRC Adult Programs to improve your game and meet others who love to play. Clinics are an hour and a half long; if there are less than four participants clinics will run for only one hour.
Men's & Women's Adult Clinics
- Men's Clinic
Working on the needs of the players up through a 4.5 NTRP player.
- Women's Beginner Clinic (Up to a 2.5)
Working on getting the ball in play, developing strokes to sustain a short rally of slow pace with other players of the same ability. Learning basic positions for singles and doubles play.
- Women's Intermediate Clinic (3.0-3.5)
Working on directional control, depth and power above medium paced shots. Encouraging more aggressive net play, court coverage and doubles teamwork.
- Women's Advanced Clinic (4.0-4.5)
Working on dependability of shots on both forehand and backhand, with variety of lobs, overheads, approach shots and volleys to overcome impatience. Learning better shot selection and point development.
Session 1 (five lessons) Cost: $100.00 for all five lessons or $25.00 drop in fee. Beginner Women's Clinic is six lessons and the Cost is $120.00
- Beginner Women's Clinic: Wednesdays, 6:30-8 p.m. 8/24, 8/31, 9/7, 9/14, 9/21, 9/28
- Intermediate Women's Clinic: Sundays, 2-3:30 p.m 8/21, 8/28, 9/11, 9/18, 9/25
- Advanced Women's Clinic: Sundays, 3:30-5 p.m. 8/21, 8/28, 9/11, 9/18, 9/25
- Men's Clinic: Monday's, 6:30-8 p.m. 8/22, 8/29, 9/12, 9/19, 9/26
Session 2 (five lessons) Cost: $100.00 for all five lessons or $25.00 drop in fee. Beginner Women's Clinic is six lessons and the Cost is $120.00
- Beginner Women's Clinic: Wednesdays, 6:30-8 p.m. 10/5, 10/12, 10/19. 10/26, 11/2
- Intermediate Women's Clinic: Sundays, 2-3:30 p.m. 10/2, 10/9, 10/16, 10/23, 10/30
- Advanced Women's Clinic: Sundays, 3:30-5 p.m. 10/2, 10/9, 10/16, 10/23, 10/30
- Men's Clinic: Monday's, 6:30-8 p.m. 10/3, 10/10, 10/17, 10/24, 11/1 (Tuesday due to Halloween)
Adult Summer Camps
The LRC is once again partnering with Nike and we will be offering two weekend summer camps for adults in 2016. These two action packed days will include fitness training for tennis, video analysis of the forehand, backhand, and serve. We will also cover strategy and help improve your technique so you will leave on Sunday playing better tennis. Visit the Summer Programs page for more information.
NALTA and MTTL
League play has always brought exciting events to the Lipscomb Racquet Club. Sign your team up for a league season or yearly tennis experience. USTA and MTTL teams are welcome to come and play at the club. For more information please email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cardio Tennis is a new clinic that will be offered this year at the Lipscomb Racquet Club. This clinic is not like your normal 60 minute private lesson. This clinic is a cross-over fitness and tennis clinic which provides the ultimate calorie burning workout. The cost for this clinic is $10 for one session or you can purchase a five pack for $35.
Days and Times: