Lipscomb University obtains insurance against losses or damage to University property. Departments that suffer damages are encouraged to protect University property and to cooperate with Risk Management to promptly investigate, settle, and mitigate the extent of property claims. If you suffer property damages to your department immediately report these to the Office of Risk Management.
Auto Insurance Protection
Lipscomb University provides auto insurance for the following:
- Vehicles owned or leased in the University name;
- Drivers using their personal vehicles for University business; and
- Vehicles leased while conducting business out-of-town (Meaning you do not need to purchase the insurance at the counter.)
If you are involved in an accident while operating a vehicle under one of the above listed circumstances you must immediately report the accident to the Office of Risk Management at 615-966-5661.
Personal Property Protection
University employees' personal property, whether used to perform assigned duties or not, is not covered by the University insurance. It is your sole responsibility to maintain adequate personal property insurance. Following are some tips for protecting your personal property:
- Close and lock doors when leaving your office or department.
- Keep equipment on pallets or store on shelves.
- Cover computers, printers and other expensive equipment at the end of your work day.
- Do not store expensive equipment in basements.
- Close windows at the end of the day.
Professional Liability Protection
Faculty and staff are covered by blanket bond protection, general liability insurance and errors and omissions insurance while working. If you are sued during the good faith performance of your duties, the University's insurance provides legal counsel and indemnification (protection against possible damage or legal suit).