Lipscomb University takes student safety seriously. We have established plans and fire safety programs for all residence halls. Fire evacuations plans have been developed for each residence hall and copies of these plans can be found in each residence building. Each student should be familiar with the evacuation plan for their building.
If you discover a fire you should:
- Immediately exit the building
- Pull the fire alarm and call "FIRE" to alert everyone
- If safe to do so, close any doors you pass as you follow your designated exit plan
- Go to your planned meeting place as quickly as possible to check in with your RA
- Once out of the building find the nearest phone to call Lipscomb Security at 966-7600
If you would like more information about fire safety and prevention, please contact the Office of Risk Management at 615-966-5661.