We're glad you're interested in the Lipscomb University Dietetic Internship Program. This program participates in the national spring match through the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Services (DICAS). Please peruse the information about the program on this website. Links will be provided at appropriate locations for you to find the necessary forms required. All application and procedure dates below apply to spring semester prior to matriculation. Follow the steps below to apply.
- Complete the online centralized internship application, Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Services (DICAS), which may be accessed at portal.dicas.org. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with questions concerning the computerized process. The DICAS portal will be available in December for the upcoming academic year's match. The online application must be completed for our program by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15. The fee to use DICAS is $40 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application.
- During completion of the computerized application form, include the name and contact information, including an email address, for each reference (one must be your DPD director). This will trigger an email message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed online. Students submitting more than one application will need to use the same individuals as references for each application.
- Complete a personal statement in 1,000 words or less. Questions to be addressed in the personal statement include:
- Why are you interested in Lipscomb's Dietetic Internship?
- Why would you be successful in Lipscomb's Dietetic Internship?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- Request official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended be sent to: DICAS- Transcript Dept., PO Box 9118, Watertown, MA 02472 by the February 15 deadline. It is recommended to request the transcript transfers much earlier than February in order for your application to be complete by the application deadline.
- Request from ETS your Official GRE score report to be sent to Lipscomb University code 1161, Nutrition 0214 or Dietetics 0628. The GRE report transfer should be requested during the GRE examination or if past the exam date, early enough to arrive to the university by the February 15 deadline.
- Complete supplemental application and payment: fee of $30 and supplemental application by February 15. Access and complete the online application /payment. Report your GRE score by combining verbal and quantitative reasoning scores only.
- Register online for computer matching at www.dnddigital.com and select dietetic internship priority choices by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15. There is a $50.00 computer matching fee.
Find answers on computerized matching at the top ten questions about computerized application systems and direct questions concerning the application process and specifics required by Lipscomb to Anne Lowery at 615.966.5746 or email@example.com.