Thank you for your interest in the Lipscomb University Dietetic Internship Program. Please peruse the information about the Program on the website. Links will be provided at appropriate locations for you to find the necessary forms required. Follow the steps below to apply.
1. Complete the on-line centralized internship application (
DICAS), which may be accessed at https://portal.dicas.org
. E-mail DICASinfo@DICAS.org
with questions concerning the computerized process. The DICAS portal will be available after December 10, 2013 for the Spring 2014 Match. The on-line application must be completed for our program by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15. The fee to use DICAS is $40 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application.
2. During completion of the computerized application form, include the name and contact information, incuding an e-mail address, for each reference (1 must be your DPD director). This will trigger an e-mail message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed on-line. Students submitting more than one application will need to use the same individuals as references for each application.
3. Complete a personal statement in 1,000 words or less (1 page). Questions to be addressed in the personal statement include:
- Why are you interested in Lipscomb's Dietetic Internship?
- Why would you be successful in Lipscomb's Dietetic Internship?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
4. Request Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended be sent to: DICAS- Transcript Dept., PO Box 9118, Watertown, MA 02472 by the February 15, 2014 deadline. It is recommended to request the transcript transfers much earlier than February in order for your application to be complete by the application deadline.
5. Request from ETS your Official GRE score report to be sent to LU code 1161, Nutrition 0214 or Dietetics 0628. The GRE report transfer should be requested during the GRE examination or if past the exam date, early enough to arrive to the University by the February 15, 2014 deadline.
6. Complete Supplemental Application and Payment: fee of $30 and supplemental application by February 15, 2014.
to Access the Online Application and to Pay. Report your GRE score by combining Verbal and Quantitative Reasoning scores only.
7. Register online for computer matching
and select dietetic internship priority choices by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15. There is a $50.00 computer matching fee.
Please visit this link to get answers to the top ten questions about computerized application systems and direct questions concerning the application process and specifics required by Lipscomb to Anne Lowery.