Planning to purchase a computer to bring to Lipscomb?
A laptop computer has the advantage of being mobile and should be equipped with a wireless connection to be able to connect to the network almost anywhere on campus. Before purchasing a computer, the School of Nursing recommends that student nurses have a laptop that meet the following criteria for the nursing curriculum.
Offline- Minimum Requirements
- Apple Mac OS X 10.4 or Microsoft Windows XP
- Windows XP with service pack 2 or higher
- Apple Macintosh with 1gHz PowerPC G4, or Windows compatible hardware with 1gHz processor or fast & Ethernet port, Internet access, and online registration required.
- 1024x768 screen resolution or larger
- 512MB of RAM or greater
- Apple’s Safari 3.0 or greater
- Microsoft’s Internet Explorer 6 or greater
- Mozilla’s Firefox 2.0 or greater
- 1024x768 resolution monitor/display or greater
- Internet Connection for registration and viewing of eTextbook
- Additional battery
- 3-year warranty
E-books are available for mobile Apple products such as:
- iPod Touch
The following manufacturers have set up customized discount pages for Lipscomb users, but if you are looking at another brand, we encourage you to look for education discounts on their sites as well.