The Pre-nursing Organization is designed for freshman and sophomore students interested in the nursing major. It gives these students networking opportunities, information sessions, and professional development as they complete their pre-requisite course work to apply to the nursing program. The Pre-nursing Organization meets monthly on the Lipscomb University campus. The Pre-nursing Organization will have officers consisting of:
- Service Project Coordinator
The Pre-nursing Organization will vote on and participate in two service projects for the academic school year. The Pre-nursing Organization will have two social activities that each member may attend each semester: a Christmas Party or Semi-Formal and an “End of the Year” Picnic or Cook-out. (Additional fees may apply).
Scheduled Meetings and Events for 2015 - 2016*
September 16, 2015 Wednesday 5:00pm Pre-Nursing Organization Meeting
- First Meeting Introductions
- Overview and Purpose of the Organization
- Discuss Memberships and Officer elections
October 21, 2015 Wednesday 5:00pm Pre-Nursing Organization Meeting
- Complete membership applications
- Officer elections
- Discuss Service Project options
Q and A about career options in Nursing
November 25, 2015 Wednesday 5:00pm Pre-Nursing Organization Meeting
- Topic- Mentoring the Next Generation
- Introduction to the panel of officers from our LSNA for a question and answer session.
- Question and Answer session for sophomores applying to the nursing program.
- Discuss Careers in Nursing
December 9 - 11, 2015 Study Break Snack Days. Times TBA.
December 31, 2015 Deadline for Nursing Applications for all pre-nursing students READY to applying to the nursing program.
January 13, 2016 Wednesday 5:00pm Pre-Nursing Organization Meeting
- Topic- Camp "Sweet Life" with a special guest
- Discuss the physical, emotional and social effects of dealing with diabetes.
January 29, 2016 Thursday 7:00pm - 10:00pm Pre-Nursing Organization Winter Semi-Formal
February 24, 2016 Wednesday 5:00pm Pre-Nursing Organization Meeting
- Topic- Working in the healthcare field with HIV patients
- Discuss the social, emotional, and physical effects of patients living with HIV –past, present and future.
Encouraging pre-nursing students to meet together for help with those Nursing pre-requisite courses
- 2nd Service Project to be discussed.
March 16, 2016 Wednesday 5:00pm Pre-Nursing Organization Meeting
- Topic- Oncology Nursing
Oncology nurse to share her experience and survivor to discuss her story to help pre-nursing students see a cancer diagnosis from a patient perspective.
April 13, 2016 Wednesday 4:00pm Pre-Nursing Organization Meeting
- End of the Year Mentor Picnic
*Dates and Times are subject to change
Pre-Nursing Organization Officers
|Seth Carey, President||Maggie Cavender, Vice President||Kaylee Daughrity, Secretary|
|Macy Ball, Historian||Beth Fitzgerald, Service Project Manager||Maridith Smith, Treasurer|