(SALT: Serving and Learning Together)
Topics of Interest
Millennials Interest in Service
All faculty experts can be reached through the Office of Communication and Marketing by calling Janel Shoun at 615.966.7078 or Kim Chaudoin at 615.966.6494 or by submitting an online media resources request by clicking here.
Instructor and Trainer in Service-Learning for Lipscomb University (since 2007), Southern Adventist University, the Tennessee Campus Compact and Martin Methodist College, previously.
United Way Campaign Consultant
United Way Volunteer Review Team member
Presenter for over 10 national conference presentations
During her time as director of service-learning at Lipscomb, the university has been awarded:
- The Carnegie Classification for Community Engagement
- Listing in the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll
- "Program to Watch in Service-Learning" status in the 2009 U.S. News America's Best Colleges list
- Listing in the 2008 Guide to Service-Learning Colleges and Universities
- Listing 65th in the nation in the Washington Monthly 2010 list of best colleges, ranked according to community engagament and volunteer service